SSD Differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSD Differences

Can some one please tell me what the difference is between these drives, G.SKILL Phoenix Series FM-25S2S-60GBP1 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD), G.SKILL Phoenix Pro Series FM-25S2S-60GBP2 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) and G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series FM-25S2S-60GBSR 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD). They are all SandForce SF-1200 Series Controller and 60GB with the same spec. So what is different between the 3 slightly different model numbers. Is the P1 better than the P2 or vice versa and now we have a SR model. Why?
    Last edited by fastjp72; 11-01-2010, 03:57 PM.

G.Skill please answer

Can some one from G.Skill please shed some light on this. Thanks

Comment

Phoenix vs Phoenix Pro

G.Skill has shown its latest SSD solution, Phoenix Pro, based on SandForce SF-1200 controller. By partnering with SandForce , Phoenix Pro series has enhanced IOPS up to 50,000, which has a great improvement on small file read/write speed, comparing to the previous Phoenix generation.

http://www.gskill.com/news.php?index=264

Comment

Does not answer question

They are all Sandforce sf-1222 controllers with same specs and same firmware. So there has to be a physical difference. P1 and P2 could possibly mean manufactured in Plant 1 or Plant 2, not sure but I would like to know since I just bought 3 P2 Phoenix Pro series. The third gaming series could just be a re-marketing strategy. Could some one who works for G.Skill and has this knowledge please give an answer to the question. Thanks

Comment

Hi guys

sorry for missing your question.

actually they are the same controller.
          the difference between P1 and P2 is IOPS.
          P2 is Up to 50000 (disk aligned ; 4KB random write)

Comment

G.Skill please clarify some more. Thanks

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
            Hi guys

sorry for missing your question.

actually they are the same controller.
            the difference between P1 and P2 is IOPS.
            P2 is Up to 50000 (disk aligned ; 4KB random write)
            So the P1 has lower IOPS and the P2 has up to 50,000 IOPS correct? Is the new [ SNIPER ] FM-25S2S-60GBSR just a new name for the P2 which has the same specs. I could see changing the name to make it less confusing to distinguish the two different IOP model's. Thanks for answering my question.

Comment

Working...
            X