Problems upgrading Phoenix Pro to FW 3.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems upgrading Phoenix Pro to FW 3.1

I tried to upgrade my drive (phoenix pro 120GB) using my notebook with Windows 7 and AHCI intel 10.0.0.1046 drivers: procedure finishes without errors but when system restarts I found the same old firmware 2.1.

I've tried many times without success. What can I do?

NOTES: normally the SSD Updater doesn't found my drive and I have to switch to Vista or XP compatibility mode (tried both). I run the updater with administration privileges.

i updated to FW 3.1 successfully on a Atom D510 PC using the 2nd Intel SATA port on the motherboard since the 1st port is used by an Intel boot SSD. Do you have another system with free SATA port available to run the update? Have not tried updating SSD itself while running as boot device. Your update problem might be related to driver version conflict.

Comment

Yes, probably I have some problem with my notebook because some week ago I haven't found a way to secure erase my drive when connected to my notebook.
      Tomorrow I'll try to upgrade with anoter desktop pc.

Comment

We test the few mode
        Motherboard ASRock P55 Extreme
        OS Win7 X64
        Steps 1
        Port 1 = JMF616 120G OS driver
        Port 2 = FM-25S2S-120GP2
        Updater can properly identify SSD
        FW 3.1 rewrite to 2.1 and finsh

Steps 2
        Port 1 = WD 3200AAKS OS driver
        port 2 = JMF616 120GB
        Port 3 = FM-25S2S-120GP2
        FW 2.1 rewrite to 3.1 and finsh

Steps 3
        Port 1 = FM-25S2S-120GP2 OS driver
        Port 2 = WD 3200AAKS driver
        port 3 = JMF616 120GB
        FW 3.1 rewrite to 2.1 and finsh

Steps 4
        port 2 = JMF616 120GB

Steps 5
        FW 3.1 rewrite to 2.1 and finsh reboot

Notes:
        1. The updated software is not support Mac OS and nVIDIA chipset
        We still continue to improve this update software
        2. Intel RST v10 Driver will make the updated software does not recognize the SSD
        MS Standard AHCI or Intel RST v9.6 not have the same problem can work
        3. Make sure the BIOS storage device are set to [AHCI]
        If you have not changed the BIOS option, the default value is [IDE]
        Storage =[IDE] updated software will not get your SSD information
        4. Above model just to verify the firmware is working correctly
        Should avoid complex of the Update firmware environment ,And make a backup before updating
        Last edited by G.SKILL; 11-02-2010, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Some remarks:

My config
          Asus P6TD DLX , Core i7 975x 12Gb, latest intel AHCI drivers v10 whql .
          bios set to AHCI mode.
          Phoenix pro 120 SSD on sata port 1 (OS disk). sony dvdrom on port 2, other disks WD on port 3,4,5. Win 7 x64 pro

First SSD was not detected by the updater. thus i must revert back to MSAHCI drivers and the drive was now detected. i upgraded the firmware to 3.1 successfully.
          I noted that the update procedure seems to freeze for a moment then continue. After update I go back to intel v10 ahci drivers.
          After some tests i noted also a small loss in performance. Crystal disk info gives now 100 % health to my disk instead of 85 and Hd Tune don't give the error with reallocated bad sectors
          Last edited by Roylion15; 11-02-2010, 12:27 AM.
          Config 1 :ASUS Sabertooth x58, Core i7 980x, 12 GB GSkill PI series 1600 CL7, Intel G2 160 GB SSD, 2x WD black series, GTX470.

Config 2: ASUS Sabertooth x58, Core i7 975x, 12 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 CL7, Phoenix pro 120 GB SSD, 3x WD green series, GTX280.

Comment

I will update my firmware this evening.
            First i will unplugged my G.Skill FM-25S2S-60GBP2 and my WD2001FASS and update first G.Skill FM-25S2S-100GBP.

Then i plugged my two hardisk and update G.Skill FM-25S2S-60GBP2

I hope to be lucky

Receive my best regards

Comment

Hi Roylion15

Thank you for your information
              Our engineers test the v10 drivers really have this problem
              MSAHCI or Intel RST v9.6 can work
              Thanks again

Comment

Some informations

My configuration:
                • Sony Vaio F11Z1E
                • Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
                • Intel? PM55 Express Chipset
                • Intel AHCI drivers 10.0.0.1046
                • Bios set to ACHI (bios doesn't give any choice to set AHCI or IDE because AHCI is always selected by default)

These are my tests:
                • SSD updater run as administrator without compatibility mode => drive not detected
                • SSD updater run as administrator with Vista compatibility mode => drive detected, procedure completed without errors but firmware not updated after restart
                • SSD updater run as administrator with XP compatibility mode => drive detected, procedure completed without errors but firmware not updated after restart

Comment

Hi follo
                  You should need another version of the firmware
                  We're still testing so there is no simultaneous release of
                  I will ask the engineers to speed up

Comment

Thanks. I don't really need the new firmware so quickly because now I have no problem with my drive.
                    I only want to upgrade just to have the best performances

The only strange behavior is that when the updater restarts my computer there is no errors but the firmware is not updated (and after the first time I've tested again my drive to compare the performances with the old firmware, but only at the end of these tests I realized that the firmware was remained at 2.1 )

Comment

@Follo
                      see my previous post, my drive (OS) was also not detected with latest intel v10.0.0.46 ahci drivers.

Thus try also to revert back to windows ahci original drivers, then you need to reboot twice (one time to install msahci and second to reinstall the disks completely.

Lunch firmware update with admin privileges and no compatibility mode. Wait a moment the update take a bit more time than normally in my case. Then shutdown the machine completely and restart it (cool boot)

That had solved my problem of drive detection and firmware is now 3.1.
                      Config 1 :ASUS Sabertooth x58, Core i7 980x, 12 GB GSkill PI series 1600 CL7, Intel G2 160 GB SSD, 2x WD black series, GTX470.

Config 2: ASUS Sabertooth x58, Core i7 975x, 12 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 CL7, Phoenix pro 120 GB SSD, 3x WD green series, GTX280.

Comment

Thanks, this evening I'll try your solution because my office pc doesn't support AHCI drivers so actually I can't upgrade my drive.

Have you tried to switch to a compatibility mode like I've done? Just to undertand if the problem is the same.

Comment

Compatibility mode didn't help in my case > if drive was well detected and processing OK Firmware was not updated in vista or xp mode. it was always marked as 2.1.

Comment

Exactly like my test. I hope your solution will help me!

Comment

Why there aren?t support firmware for my SSD FM-25S2S-100GBP1?

I updated with one dump of memory my second SSD FM-25S2S-60GBP2

My motherboard is one MSI BIG BANG XPOWER BIOS 1.3 and my VGA CARD is one SAPPHIRE HD5970 4GB GDDR5 PCIE .

Kind regards

Comment

Working...
                              X