• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said the same as laimen . My FM-25S2S-100GBP1 says "No drives found!"

It?s my ACHI drivers...

Receive my best regards
    Last edited by Ranxerox; 11-14-2010, 03:31 AM. Reason: gskill

Comment

Neither one of you answered my questions. Unless you weren't trying to, in which case I'm still not clear on what you're talking about. Could you be a bit more specific in your post so that it is useful to others?

I was asking if anyone with the latest Intel driver has tried to install this firmware..

Comment

Originally posted by refried View Post
        Neither one of you answered my questions.
        Which question? I thought you are asking the support, but not one of the users, even those, who are writing after your posting

Anyway, laimen declared using msahci
        Board: GA-Z77-D3H CPU: i5-3470 GPU: MSI GTX 660 FPB RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1600 OS: Win 8 Pro 64 Cooling:[/size] SSD: Samsung 470 (128GB) * GSkill Phoenix Pro 120

Comment

We demand better firmware update method Sandforce!

Originally posted by rentaclaus View Post
          It is a pitty that there is no OS independant firmware updater and it is a shame that linux users have to install windows, backup everything, wipe the drive, format it with something windows recognizes ... and after installing the firmware install linux a-new

The drive itself (Phoenix Pro) is great. Using ubuntu 10.10, boottime is < 12 sec. and every application starts instantanious.
          I also agree that windows only is not acceptable! Sandforce needs to do like Intel and have a .iso that is OS independent! That would make a whole lot more sense. It would make it easier for a lot of people and make everyone happy not just windows users!

Comment

G.Skill please read and pass on to Sandforce

I have 3 Phoenix Pro P2 60gb ssd's and I have found that the ssdupdate tool does not see them if there are any partitions on them, aka I already have set 2 up. The third one I have that was new out of box could be seen by ssdupdate and flashed to newest firmware without any problems. I tried this on 4 different computers with same results. I also have another Sandforce ssd drive from another manufacturer that has a tool box for the drive and the tool box can see all the drives even with the partitions on it already. But there ssdupdate tool from the other Sandforce ssd manufacturer can not see the ssd's to update when there are partitions on the drive either. So I know Sandforce makes the ssdupdate tool and you guys add your data and logo in the .dat file. So there is something that needs to be fixed by Sandforce in the ssdupdate tool so a lot of us can stop having all this frustrating problems trying to update our ssd's. Its bad enough we have to use windows! Come on Sandforce they should have been able to catch this bug! If there are people that can update there drives with partitions on it then what is going on because I tried on 4 different computers with same results. The drives always show up in the bios and device manager for me when there are partitions but not in the ssdupdate tool until I delete the partitions then the ssdupdate tool finds the ssd's right away and I can update the firmware without a problem. I hope this makes sense and this bug can be passed along to Sandforce so it can be fixed. Thanks

Comment

I am waiting for the new firmware / update tool from g.skill.
              I will not try to update my phoenix pro 80gb with current update tool.
              Look at all the users having trouble. Please g.skill, release the new firmware / update tool as fast as possible.

Comment

I have just to buy one FM-25S2S-120GBP2 and comes with firmware 3.0

I updated my FM-25S2S-60GBP2 with your bad firmware 3.1 and the performance lost.

I am waiting to GSKILL release the firmware 3.0 for phoenix and phoenix pro

Receibe my best regards.

Comment

firmware update to 3.1 has deteriorated performance

So, i have the 120 gb version which was performing below what was advertised.
                  Upgrading to 3.1 made the matter worse, and i cannot even rollback!!!!

WTF! I paid good money for your product, when I could've purchased OCZ for 10 $ more!!!

Fix the firmware and functionality of the update,eg rollback.

At least respond to this thread with your intentions and release dates.
                  Make some kind of commitment to your customer base!!!

Comment

Are you saying that once you flash 3.1 they aren't allowing you to re-flash with the 2.1 firmware? (which you can find the download for on the front page of the forum in a sticky post)

Comment

I'm saying there's no roll back feature within the tool. Rolling back to version 2.1 is fine if that's what you started with. In my case I started with 3.0 firmware. Switching to version 3.1 impacted performance.

Comment

Can GSKILL please confirm this?

If I had 2.1 firmware originally and already flashed to 3.1, can I go back to 2.1?

I lost about 10 mb/s read and 15 mb/s write

Comment

Unable to upgrade it RTS Devices are install

I have Intel RST 9.6.4.1002 Drivers installed. The MB is AHCI Mode and when ever I run the utility I simply get completed in about 3 seconds, it then reboots and nothing is flashed (still version 2.1). I do not have a second system (which is not using the RTS drivers any more). Is there any work around?, since my only thought so far would be reinstall Windows without RTS, then flash 3.1 and finally restore from the backup, but that's crazy, the utility needs to work with RTS since it is recommend for performance.

ERIC

Comment

after upgrade this firmware i still get "smart command failed" error.
                            my motherbroad is giga H55-UD3H F10
                            ssd is FM-25S2S-60GBP2

Comment

Originally posted by yindonmi View Post
                              after upgrade this firmware i still get "smart command failed" error.
                              my motherbroad is giga H55-UD3H F10
                              ssd is FM-25S2S-60GBP2
                              I can see you already have the latest "beta", better wait for them to release another one, wait for it here -> http://oldforum.gigabyte.de/forumdow...tabios2010.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Brav View Post
                                I can see you already have the latest "beta", better wait for them to release another one, wait for it here -> http://oldforum.gigabyte.de/forumdow...tabios2010.htm
                                thank you for your reply. i will try the latest version,my current F10 bios is release at 2010/08/20.

Comment

Working...
                                X