Need Guide on Proper Formating FM-25S2S-60GBP2 & Using Gparted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Guide on Proper Formating FM-25S2S-60GBP2 & Using Gparted

Hi can you please give a link or guide, I'm planning to format & use gparted on my ssd, can someone give me tips & step by step procedure so that no problem might occur, like what should i do 1st, should i format 1st or use gparted before anything else. Please give me some guide Thanks & sorry about asking..

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=5901

Comment

last question how will i align the partition, what size of partition in 60gb SSD & tools? im using win7 64bit, can someone please make a simple guide im super noob ^^

At the first setup screen (Language, Keyboard, etc.) press SHIFT+F10. This will open a command prompt window. Enter the following diskpart commands to create a partition.

- Diskpart
      - List disk
      (this command is important. It will show you what disk drives you have. Most likely your hard drive will be will be Disk 0, but you need to check it first.)

- select disk 0
      - clean
      - create partition primary size=60000
      (this creates a partition 60GB in size. If you want to use the whole hard drive
      , just leave off the size=number)

- select partition 1
      - active
      - format fs=ntfs quick

Type Exit to leave Diskpart. Type Exit to close the command prompt. Now continue with the install. When you get to the partition screen, highlight the partition you just created and click Next. Windows will install to the partition you created and not create the 100MB boot partition. Instead, you will see a C:\Boot folder when the install is finished

but Bitlocker won't be able to encrypt your Windows partition if you do this & could you take a look at this?

Last edited by xSephirothGx; 10-17-2010, 09:44 AM.

Comment

This method is feasible
        But I like WIN7 Next Next .....to END
        Do not think too much about

Comment

that whole command list was suggested to clean a drive after used for extended periods right after a backup, and also was determined to be needed by OS' winxp and prior to align otherwise those OS' set sectors/track to 63 or some whack.. so win7 recognizes a drive wth 0 rpm speed as an ssd, but apparently doesn't matter at all since the drive takes data and places it in cells it wants to anyway,then coinstall on an os that doesn't natively support ssd drives, win7 does so you shouldn't need to run diskpart until you see write performance decrease.

also why rob win7 of it's system part? also i understand it's important to set bios to ide for some bootable utilities, then set back to ahci or raid before os install. you shouldn't even need to run that unless you have old deleteable data on the drive and want to prep it for a clean install.-- something else to consider, if it's a pure gaming rig, you might want to disable ACPI in bios before OS install, BE CAREFUL, ACPI controls power saving and irq routing AND advanced irq sharing. But if you can taper your i/o to only need 15 irqs, man back in the day it made snappiness what it should have been in games, and i should caution even more, most new OS' make use of acpi capable hardware...??? i dono if recent designs share the old "layered" irq routing slowdown...

- Diskpart
          - List disk
          (this command is important. It will show you what disk drives you have. Most likely your hard drive will be will be Disk 0, but you need to check it first.)

- select disk 0
          - clean

How long does clean take?

i'm not sure how many parts linux needs on boot i'd just like install linux on the first 1/4(like 2 8gig ext 2 partitions, ext3 too?) of the drive and then install windows on middle 64 or 32 gigs, then rest blank for now?

install os's

for the rest of possibly os-shared space then-

- create partition something something //--\\ or something primary size=60000
          Last edited by Grense; 11-07-2010, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X