Phoenix/Phoenix Pro, what's the dif?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix/Phoenix Pro, what's the dif?

I have ordered the PHOENIX FM-25S2S-120GBP1 and am totally jazzed and can't wait. My first SSD

BTW, I chose the Gskill based on customer reviews at newegg. Anyways, I am wondering what the difference between the Phoenix and Phoenix Pro is. On the gskill product page it notes that the Pro "IOPS:50000 (disk aligned ; 4KB random write)" and the non-pro version (the one I have on order, coming Monday) does not make the same claim.

Also, at newegg the Pro version has 54 reviews (all very good). Also, in order to get the Pro, you have to buy it as part of a combo deal. The non-pro version is now sold out and not even listed. It had only 4 reviews (also all very positive).

Anyways, if anyone can shed some some light on this I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Originally posted by nikldan View Post
    I have ordered the PHOENIX FM-25S2S-120GBP1 and am totally jazzed and can't wait. My first SSD

BTW, I chose the Gskill based on customer reviews at newegg. Anyways, I am wondering what the difference between the Phoenix and Phoenix Pro is. On the gskill product page it notes that the Pro "IOPS:50000 (disk aligned ; 4KB random write)" and the non-pro version (the one I have on order, coming Monday) does not make the same claim.

Also, at newegg the Pro version has 54 reviews (all very good). Also, in order to get the Pro, you have to buy it as part of a combo deal. The non-pro version is now sold out and not even listed. It had only 4 reviews (also all very positive).

Anyways, if anyone can shed some some light on this I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
    Actually the different is 4k random write, pro is 50k.
    the other performance is the same.

From Gskill admin!

Comment

Originally posted by Undersea View Post
      Actually the different is 4k random write, pro is 50k.
      the other performance is the same.

From Gskill admin!
      Hey and thanks for the response. I'm just not exactly sure what the difference is between a 4k and 50k random write and why/how it matters. Is it worth it to go Pro? Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by nikldan View Post
        Hey and thanks for the response. I'm just not exactly sure what the difference is between a 4k and 50k random write and why/how it matters. Is it worth it to go Pro? Thanks again!
        Check the next page of the forum. The admin suggested going with regular because of cost. The pro model is 219.99 on newegg now.

Comment

Originally posted by Undersea View Post
          Check the next page of the forum. The admin suggested going with regular because of cost. The pro model is 219.99 on newegg now.
          Actually the Pro model is $239.99 right now on newegg and you can only get it as part of a combo deal. I'm sure I will be very happy with my non-pro, I'm just curious what the real world difference between the pro and non is.

Comment

Could it be the size being the original sandforce disk size?

Comment

Congratz on the new SSD Drive...

I purchased the Non-Pro 60GB version even though after ordering the Non-Pro, I found out that the Pro version was actually cheaper :P... doh!!!

But Newegg.com says it was too late to change my order because my order had already been sent to the warehouse...

HOWEVER!!!!...

The benchmark results i'm getting from the Non-Pro version have actually been better than the Pro benchmarks that other people have been posting...

IMHO, the performance is more or less identical...

AJ

Comment

Originally posted by AJCroteau View Post
                Congratz on the new SSD Drive...

I purchased the Non-Pro 60GB version even though after ordering the Non-Pro, I found out that the Pro version was actually cheaper :P... doh!!!

But Newegg.com says it was too late to change my order because my order had already been sent to the warehouse...

HOWEVER!!!!...

The benchmark results i'm getting from the Non-Pro version have actually been better than the Pro benchmarks that other people have been posting...

IMHO, the performance is more or less identical...

AJ
                I was hoping someone would say something like that. Thanks! However you slice it, my new SSD will blow the doors off my current HDD.

Comment

Do I need to flash the firmware before I install windows 7? Thanks again.

Comment

Not necessary
                    Unless you want to rebuild a clean system
                    The first step always remember to backup your important data

Comment

Working...
                    X