Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD motherboard AHCI not recognizing phoenix SSD - pls help

Hello,

I have this particular motherboard http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3373#ov

In IDE mode for the SATA controllers, my SSD is visible in the bios. When I enable the AHCI mode, in the AMD AHCI bios menu list thing, only my CD drive is listed/detected. However, when I plug in my other SATA mechanical HDDs, they will be listed/detected, and only the SSD is never listed/detected.
    However, when I try to install win7 on my SSD in AHCI mode, win7 setup detects the drive but won't allow the install stating that there is an error in the bios controller and may not allow booting or something.

Is there a known compatibility problem here with this AMD board or chipset? Before, when I used this gskill drive on my intel system, I had no problems in AHCI mode at all. I just now want to use my drive on this AMD board.

By the way, my drive is a G.SKILL Phoenix Pro Series FM-25S2S-60GBP2 60gb disk I picked up a few months ago.

Thanks!

Put Your SSD like Slave on the first port like IDE and then try ACHI mode. Update Your motherboard Bios.

Receive my best regards

Edit: Sorry by my bad English
    Last edited by Ranxerox; 10-04-2010, 11:54 PM.

Comment

thanks, I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but I'll go ahead and try different ports.

Comment

Hi mahdi

I use the same chip motherboard as yours but i didn't find this issue.
        please let us know the result after upgrading BIOS.

by the way, thank you Ranxerox

Comment

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately updating to the latest bios did not fix my problem for this particular motherboard. Before trying the drive on this board I did a secure erase on the SSD using gparted with the other intel system. Could the secure erase have done something? I don't think so since it still shows up just fine on the other intel system.

edit: gskill, what is your AMD ahci/sata rom version? mine is 3.0.1540.59

also, to update the firmware of the drive (if that could help) how can I do that in my current situation? install it in the other computer and then update from there within windows?
          Last edited by mahdi; 10-05-2010, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Hi mahdi

my version is 6.1.7600.16385.
            in your current situation, use other computer to upgrade new firmware and check does it get same problem.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know what the problem was and it could just have been that particular motherboard. Am now using the old intel system again.

Comment

have same problem

I also have same problem but with intel chipset and cpu.

abit p35 mobo

q9550 cpu

8gb ram ddr2

mobo cant see it in bios for booting wehn set to ahci/raid but once I change to IDE; it show up.

When set raid/ahci, the matrix controller see it but once trying to install windows 7; it states that drive can not be use.

I install using the IDE mode and using it now but the performance 143MB/s write 165MB/s read.

It wasn't a clean install but a restore of windows 7 image from another ssd brand size 64GB.

That ssd was install with ahci/raid enable.

Comment

Hi all

please try to upgrade the latest BIOS version and AHCI driver.

We hard to find this problem so far although we have tested several AMD motherboard.

Comment

Hi mahdi

did your see this info

We use FW 2.1

what version did you use?
                    Last edited by G.SKILL; 11-05-2010, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X