firmware 2030 upgrade instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firmware 2030 upgrade instructions

is a bootable USB stick the only way to upgrade to firmware 2030?...how do I make a bootable USB?...I have a 256GB Falcon 1

why did G.Skill change the update method from the jumper method for?

firmware 2030

Here is a link to make a bootable USB

http://www.bay-wolf.com/usbmemstick.htm

Then add your unzipped Falcon files to this USB in a directory called Falcon.

Ensure you change the boot sequence in the BIOS so that you boot from the USB-HDD

Comment

thanks...now I can upgrade to 2030

Comment

I booted from my USB but then the Windows install process started...how do I get to the screen where I can select the Falcon directory?

how do I get to this screen?

Last edited by Titus; 09-30-2010, 01:17 AM.

Comment

can someone give me some step by step instructions on how to do this...I used HDDErase to wipe my SSD so it's currently empty...I used a program called WinToFlash to copy over my Windows 7 disc to my USB

http://wintoflash.com/home/en/

I unzipped the Falcon files and also put it on my USB...I went into the BIOS and booted up from the USB but it gives me the loading Windows screen where you select the language etc...how do I get from that screen to the part where I load the Falcon firmware file?

do I need to go into the command prompt and type something in?

Comment

finally was able to flash to 2030 successfully...ended up just using a floppy to copy the files and flashed the firmware that way

Comment

firmware 2030

Sorry to take so long to reply and glad you got it sorted. For others who might encounter the same problem the USB does boot via a windows 98 logo but you end up with the "C" prompt as the bootable USB you created is a DOS OS.

Assuming you have saved the 2030 unzipped files into a directory called falcon on the USB you type at the C prompt "cd:\falcon" without the quotes

Then type DIR

This gives you a list of the files in that directory

Then at the prompt type eg "128GB-1" without the quotes and hit the return button. Then follow the instructions as per the 2030 upgrade given by GSKILL

Comment

Working...
              X