Phoenix Pro 120GB: benchmark results lower than GSkill reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Pro 120GB: benchmark results lower than GSkill reference

Hello! I'm new here and I've a question about my new Phoenix Pro 120GB (firmware 2.1): I've tested it with a lot of benchmarking software and I've found the same results: performances are always lower than gskill reference (http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=284)

For example with ATTO 2.46:
    Gskill reference:
    4.0KB Read = 136606 byte/sec
    4.0KB write = 191084 byte/sec

My results:
    4.0KB Read = 67962 byte/sec
    4.0KB write = 92638 byte/sec

I've:
    • installed a new copy of windows 7
    • installed intel rapid storage Ver:9.6.0.1014
    • verified trim enabled
    • verified alignment
    • disabled all windows services that continuosly write to HD
    • installed ssd tweaker 1.6.1 and unchecked every selection box

I can't enable AHCI because my sony vaio NB hasn't this bios option, but I'm pretty sure AHCI is always enabled because windows automatically installs AHCI drivers and the value of "Start" into the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/Msahci" is 0.

My question is: what else can I check to obtain the best results? The SSD speed also depends on notebook hardware?

I've also tried to switch to microsoft AHCI drivers but the performances are about the same.

gskill

I think I have about the same problem as you: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=6312

If you run AS SSD Benchmark, you will easily see if AHCI if enabled and if alignment is ok.

Comment

Yes, also AS SSD confirms trim enabled and correct alignment.

All settings seem to be ok so I don't understand why my tranfer speeds are so low

Comment

The performance issue has noticed and Sandforce is working on.
        Before the fix released you can try to secure erase manually by this guide to recover initial performance.
        BTW, the reference performance on our website is tested as empty secondary drive with the new satus on the powerful platform. It may shows the maximum performance and the real performance would depend on different platform.

Comment

Thanks for your assistance!!
          If a new firmware will come out soon I can wait whit these performance because, compared to the old traditional hard disk, I however have got a great speed increase whit my notebook.
          But obviously I'd like to give the maximum possible speed from my Phoenix Pro.
          When do you think the new firmware will come out? Weeks? Months?

My NB Vaio F11Z1E:
          CPU i7-720
          Soth bridge Intel PM55
          RAM 8GB 1333MHz
          VGA nVidia GT330M
          Display 16,4" 1920x1080

Comment

Tried a secure erasing but performances are about the same. Now I'm waiting for a new firmware.

Just a question: benchmark test depends on the disk data used? If I test an empty disk I'll find different results than a full disk?

Comment

Hi follo

different benchmark and different data will got different score.
              empty SSD should get high performance than full SSD.
              also sandforce always recommend customer using ATTO and IOMETER.
              the key point is about QD 32.
              i just guess.

Comment

Working...
              X