Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix pro ssd crashes in and out of sleep

hi.
    i migrated to a brand new 60gb phoenix pro SSD.
    Computer was fine and had no problems with old hard drive.

Now, with fresh install of W7 ultimate, and all latest updated drivers, the computer crashes when it goes into sleep, or when it comes out of sleep.

Hibernate works fine.

but when computer enters into sleep it either BSOD with random errors,
    or more commonly , when it wakes it goes to black screen with only the mouse pointer, then about 30 seconds later it BSOD.

again the only problem is going into or out of sleep.
    Hibernation works perfectly, every thing else works perfectly.
    i have all the latest drivers etc etc.
    computer worked fine with other hardrive for sleep.
    i googled ssd and sleep, and i see alot of ssd owners experience sleep problems, but not hibernation.
    is it possible the transfer from ssd to ram during sleep somehow gets corrupted?
    anyone else experience this?

Hi, same problem here with Standby (S3), i disabled it. The Stop-errors appeared all 2-3 days with the Corsair Force 120, i guess with the Phoenix Pro it would not be better (never tested it). Propably the SSDs are too fast to get in and out Standby, and some drivers can't be stopped or waked up in time. I am hoping for a solution, this seems however to be a special Sandforce SF1200 problem.
    Board: GA-Z77-D3H CPU: i5-3470 GPU: MSI GTX 660 FPB RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1600 OS: Win 8 Pro 64 Cooling:[/size] SSD: Samsung 470 (128GB) * GSkill Phoenix Pro 120

Comment

interesting...
      that would make sense that it is going to fast to suspend to ram.
      I tried it with S1 as well as S3 sleep... it happens on both.

I gess the nice thing is that the drive is so fast, coming out of hibernation is almost as fast sleep. but i hate it that the computer has to post the bios coming out of hibernation.

I hope there is a fix soon. maybe in a FW update?

ill have to email tech support to let them know.
      unless there is a setting we can change that will fix the problem.

Comment

I hope there is a fix soon. maybe in a FW update?
        I hope so too. At Corsair Forums there are also threads with that problem, and they are working on it (i hope at least )
        Board: GA-Z77-D3H CPU: i5-3470 GPU: MSI GTX 660 FPB RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1600 OS: Win 8 Pro 64 Cooling:[/size] SSD: Samsung 470 (128GB) * GSkill Phoenix Pro 120

Comment

Hi loueber,
          Sorry for your inconvenience.
          Could you provide the informaiton of your hardware and OS version?
          I can't reproduce your issue in my side. I need such informaiton to reproduce your issue that i can continue to analyse it.

Comment

solved...it seems

well,, i reinstalled w7 seven AGAIN, and used supplied drivers from MB disc..
            and i have no sleep crash issues....
            now, yesterday i did all the W& updates from M$ and now i am experiencing crashes again.
            So it seems there is an update that is crashed when sleeping...

soon as i trace it down to what update it was, ill keep you posted as others might have the same issue.

Comment

Cool! I'm having the same problem with my Phoenix Pro 120GB, and have been reading around that installing a certain version of Intel's RST drivers can also solve this problem.

In your scenario, I'm guessing Windows Update installed MS's version of the SATA/AHCI drivers, which messed it up again.

Keep us posted!

Comment

Originally posted by neemoxtrm View Post
                Cool! I'm having the same problem with my Phoenix Pro 120GB, and have been reading around that installing a certain version of Intel's RST drivers can also solve this problem.

In your scenario, I'm guessing Windows Update installed MS's version of the SATA/AHCI drivers, which messed it up again.

Keep us posted!
                Thanks for the tip! I downloaded v10 of the drivers from here:

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/intel%20raid.htm

And it fixed the problem!

Comment

I downloaded the v10 drivers as well, but they didn't do anything for me. Did you do the "F6 install" during win7 installation? I just installed on top of the OS.

Comment

Having the same problem sometimes especially after a long sleep with my new phoenix pro 120GB

pc was frozen with black screen when wake up from S3 sleep or blue screen of death
                    thus reboot and wake ok from hiberfile.sys thus data on disk was ok.

Before the SSD i had a raid 0 with 2xWD caviar black that works without any issues...

I spend many time to identify the problem ram testing prime 95 etc... After reading some infos about this issue on the net i made a clone of my new SSD on a old seagate laptop disk 120 GB and the problem disappears immediately. Thus it's not all my hardware the problem but only the new SSD.

my config : MB ASUS P6TD dlx Nv GTX280 cpu I7 975x 12 GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 PSU antec 650 watts OS: win7 x64 pro fresh install with all updates and intel RST 9.6

i have also a second machine with MB ASUS Sabertooth x58 asus GTX470 cpu i7 980X 12 GB DDR3 GSKILL PI 1600 PSU Enermax 700 and new INTEL G2 160GB SSD and none problem of sleep/wake.

Now try to revert back to original msahci drivers delivered with 7... instead of intel RST that may solve the problem in some cases, i'm testing since 2 days without freeze ... may be the hasard ?

You can also try do disable the hybrid sleep and only suspend to ram it may help ...
                    in all cases hibernate works fine ....but slower

Waiting for new sF1200 fw or new intel RST drivers that solve the problem.
                    Config 1 :ASUS Sabertooth x58, Core i7 980x, 12 GB GSkill PI series 1600 CL7, Intel G2 160 GB SSD, 2x WD black series, GTX470.

Config 2: ASUS Sabertooth x58, Core i7 975x, 12 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 CL7, Phoenix pro 120 GB SSD, 3x WD green series, GTX280.

Comment

I am try the IRST v10 for a while
                      Waking the problem has been solved

Comment

Just added iastor.sys 10.00.1046 to my system (a little bit tricky with XP and ICH9 ), and the second wake from S3 was BlueScreen again

I wonder when Corsair, G.Skill and so on will fix this in the end. Next three months?

Comment

I just got a 60gb phoenix pro and i am having no problems with sleep.It sleeps and wakes like its suppose to and no errors.Been using this ssd for bout a week now. Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Comment

One week might say nothing at all. If you will have no Bluescreen after one month, then you can be happy. Of course this depends on how often your drive goes to sleep, once a week is something else than 10 times d day

Comment

I'm having the same problem coming out of sleep on a macbook pro (v10.6.4) using this ssd. I just get the spinning beachball, hard shut off is the only fix.

On a side note, I noticed that all the previous firmware updates have been released in *.exe format. Do these extract a bootable *.iso or am I going to be left out when it comes to upgrading firmware.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X