Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoinex Pro - low performance after use...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoinex Pro - low performance after use...

Hi,

I'm running a 60 GB Phoinex Pro connected to a MSI P45-motherboard. I have AHCI enabled (and Intel Rapid Storage-driver installed).

I have tried to format the drive using hdparm. Should this operation just take a second? The feedback I get is the same as G.Skills guide. Performance seemed to went up a bit after this, but with some more (quite heavy) use, it goes down...

I have updated the firmware.

When looking at the benchmarks from G.Skill and some others I'm not close to the performance.

In AS SSD I get 95MB/sec in seq. write perfomance. Also in Crystal Diskmark the performance is on the same level. But after some more use the write-speed goes down now to 60-65 MB/sec.

I also have a Crucial C300. With the same use on the same system, I havn't so far seen any decrease in performance.

From what I understood, SF-1200 SSD's should support both Trim and have a internal "garbage collection", so that the performance should stay good....

screenshot from AS SSD:

HD Tune:
    Last edited by falkend; 09-22-2010, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Hi Falkend

we have already noticed this issue and made sandforce awared.
      we hope the new firmware can solve this issue.
      http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=5901
      this tool can make performance back.

thanks

Comment

gskill

Hi,

I've allready used hdparm to "reset" performance. But after a couple of runs to my tests, it's back to what I've seen earlier :-\

Do the drive need idle-time to recover with trim/gc after heavy use, or should that be done "on the fly"?

Comment

The Phoenix SSD should need idle-time to do the GC, and we are pushing Sandforce to improve this efficiency of its GC.
          We hope the later firmware update could solve it.

Comment

Working...
          X