Firmware Version - Phoenix Pro 120GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware Version - Phoenix Pro 120GB

Can someone please tell me how I can identify what firmware version I've got on my new SSD Drive (Phoenix Pro FM-25S2S-120GBP2 R). I have downloaded version 2.1 but don't want to fool around with the firmware if it is not necessary. Thanks - new SSD user!

How to determine what Firmware you have.

Download a trial version of HD TUNE Pro 4.6 and click on the (info) tab it will tell you
    the Firmware version. Also click the (health) tab and check it out.

I'm not sure if you are aware of the problems with running benchmark test on you new
    drive or not but, it causes problems so I would recommend you not do that until you have
    checked on the consiqences.

Also do not defrag a SSD drive it does nothing to help the drive and may cause problems.

There is some good info on both of these things in this fourm.

Be aware that you must right Click the Firmware exe file and run as administrator or
    no SSD drives will be recognized.

Good luck and I hope this helps you, I just went through all of this.

Comment

I just got mine a few days ago, there's a tiny manufacturing date sticker on the drive itself, mine was september 2010, the firmware was already up to date on it. I just imaged mine after a win7 backup and my intel rapid storage manager shows it's firmware version. Chances are if your mfg date is after the release of the firmware(just look at the date of the sticky), by a month or so, it's already up to date.

Comment

Identify

iam going to see if i can screen device manager.1 go to device manger then at the top open your harddrive,go to the skroll down the 2nd one down or the first one you can skroll to will show F/W version. Unless in my case i have 3 in raid o it shows 1.00..If you have original it will be mixture of letters and numbers.

Comment

Working...
        X