Might need to RMA Pheonix Pro 120?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might need to RMA Pheonix Pro 120?

Hi, I'm guessing I need to RMA one of the Pro 120's we just purchased but want to confirm/try to understand what happened. I was running the drive for almost a week without any problems and it just lost all of the data, or at least appears to have. I was running Win7x64 everything was working great, did a normal shutdown at night, powered up the next morning and the system couldn't find a boot device. Attached the SSD to another machine as a second drive and the drive appeared as new, no volume info, no partition info, nothing, just looked blank. What might have happened to the drive? Is this how an SSD "goes bad" or possibly something else? We are evaluating a couple of these with the intent to purchase more and put into use for our users but after this experience (1 out of 4 drives we bought) I can't say we feel very good about the reliability. I am currently using another of the new drives but needless to say I'm cloning regularly just in case.

Any ideas what might of happened to the drive?
    Assuming it's bad what is the RMA process?

Thanks, Bill...

Dear Customer,
    Sorry for your inconvinience, we has never recieved such issue before.
    Could that SSD still work without problem now?
    Please give me the serial number of that SSD and where you buy it?
    You can replace a new one from where you bought or RMA it
    The information i list above would be requird because we need to do a further analysis from that SSD to find out the root cause of this issue.

Comment

update..

Hi Vaca, thanks for the response. Sorry for the delay, been collecting so more info. The drives came from Newegg and serial of the trouble device is 1031B000027928 and the FW is 2.1. I've since cloned an image back to the device and it is indeed still usable, I'm using it as I type this. So I'm truly confused about the cause of the original issue and even more concerned about rolling these drives out to anyone without understanding what happened. Any ideas or suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks, Bill...

Comment

I'm not sure the cause of your accident.
        It looks that there is something damaged your MBR, so it lost the partition.
        If you get the situation again, please contact us and we will need your help to analyse it.

Comment

Any news on this topic?

I just had the same issue and it kept happening over and over again...

Comment

Working...
          X