Locked drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked drive

i updated to 2.1 firmware on my phoenix pro's, went to do a hdderase on them, and it says,security erase failed the drive is locked, read the read me file to find how to disable it, where do i find this at. thanks

Please try this

2 o.s at one time will not work---please unplug the hhd with active operateing system--then give it a try.probably one used when you done f/w/ upgrade.

I wonder how i know this?:d

Comment

Thank u Panther for ur response, cause it seems like everyone else in here is asleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

Oh btw Vaca, i built my new comp with 2 of the 60gigs and i'm getting 540 writes and 560 reads. Not to shabby for an ole country boy like me

Everybody should stay away from the nvidia chipset rite now, who is wanting to use ssd's and keep there performance up to snuff.

Comment

Hi cross,
        I remember that you update motherboard to evga-762, x-58 mobo, right?
        Try to re-plug your Phoenix SSD or change SATA mode if secure erase failed.
        I'll try to reproduce your situation. if you have any news, please let me know.

Comment

Hi Vaca,
          Panther and i are friends and game online together and he figured it out for me!! What i did was use an old spinner for operating system while i updated the firmware on my ssd's , since i use them in raid, i didn't want to take the chance with the update with os on them, once i completed update i should have unplugged the spinner during reboot, because if your system sees an os , it will secure lock drives that ur trying to erase, its like a backup to save ur data, anyway i rebooted, unplugged my spinner, went back to hdderase, and everything worked fine, back up and running.

thanks for ur time

Comment

Working...
          X