Any tech arouind????????????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tech arouind????????????????????

I POSTED A THREAD A FEW DAYS AGO ASKING ABOUT MY READ AND WRITE BENCHMARKS THE OTHER DAY, WAITED AND WAITED AND STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN AN ANSWER YET, WHETHER GOOD OR BAD, I ASK ABOUT WHETHER THERE WAS A KNOWN FACT ABOUT PROBLEMS WITH THE NVIDIA CHIPS AND HDDERASE, STILL NO ANSWER TO THAT EITHER, ASK ABOUT FORMATTING THE DARN THINGS AND GOT ONE RESPONSE (FROM FORUM SURFER) ABOUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FORMATTING AND CLEANING (THANK U SVG ), BUT I DONT CARE WHAT IT IS CALLED, FORMATTING, NUKING, CLEANING, ERASING, ALL ZEROS, ALL 1'S, I DONT CARE, I WANT TO RETURN THEM BACK TO THE WAY THEY WERE WHEN I PULLED THEM FROM THE PACKAGE!!!!!!!
    hDDERASE WILL NOT WORK WITH THE NVIDIA CHIPS, SO WHAT WILL WORK TO TAKE OFF ALL OF MY CRAP OFF, OPERATING SYSTEM INCLUDED.
    PLEASE CAN ANY OF THE TECHS ON YOUR TECH FORUM ANSWER MY QUESTIONS, I WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO BUY YOUR PRODUCTS, WOULD YOU BE SO KIND AND ANSWER THESE SIMPLE QUESTIONS, HECK ITS ONLY BEEN ABOUT A WEEK SINCE I POSTED THE FIRST THREAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry cross,
    i think i missed your thread, i apologize for my fault.
    on your post, it seems that you build your SSDs to RAID-0?
    Because RAID-0 mode could enhance your performance but the increase range vary on different chipsets even different motherboards.
    Could you tell me what your motherboard is? Maybe we have the same board to verify your test result.
    About your request for wiping tool, actually i'm surveying the other tool besides HDDerase.
    But those wiping tools would destroy all data on your SSD to empty the blocks of SSD and only work for single mode instead of RAID.
    i will post the other security erase guide ASAP.

Comment

Thanks for the reply vaca, and sry for the rant, i do have them in raid, and i do trn off raid to erase each hard drive, i have found by cleaning them and then doing a fresh install once in while that your graphics are fresh and crisp and actually performance is better, but all i do with this computer is game. so i dont mind the extra work, but i dont wont to damage my ssd's either!!!
      My hardware is as follows:

motherboard-evga 790i ultra sli
      cpu-e8500
      mem-4gig 1600
      graphics- 9800gx2

also my writes are 371965, and reads are 386238, wondering if normal

Comment

Hi cross,
        I'm sorry that we don't have motherboard with 790i Ultra SLI chipset.
        I build RAID-0 and test as a slave drive with GA-MA770-UD3 (AMD 770 + SB710 ) and the result is higher then yours.
        But RAID performance vary from chipset to chipset, so i'm not sure the standard performance of your motherboard.
        Try to update BIOS and RAID driver to see if the performance would be improved.

Comment

Hi Vaca,
          Thanks for ur time, but i decided to upgrade and get rid of the nvidia board, im going with-
          all ordered today!

evga-762, x-58 mobo
          intel- 980x with Prolimatech Megahalems cooler
          patriot- 1600mhz- 6gigs

Hopefully this will treat my ssd's a little nicer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will get back with you and let u know how it goes, once again, THANK YOU, VERY MUCH, FOR YOUR TIME, VACA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Comment

ok~
            i'll wait for your result.

Comment

Working...
            X