One or two SSDs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One or two SSDs?

With regards to performance and reliability, would you recommend 1 SSD containing OS, programmes and data or 1 SSD for OS and programmes and a 2nd SSD for data?

Your 2nd HDD for data can be platter drive since it is much cheaper to purchase a 1TB or high GB hard drive for data storage. Unless you want to RAID, the "speed" will only be seen if the OS is on the SSD. If you just have a seperate SSD for storage, then you will not notice much of a speed difference, only convenience if you decide to make it USB to take to go, or soemthing like that because it is so small.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I tried to run two Falcons in Raid-0 but since I was using a software Raid and not a hardware Raid, I did a CMOS reset and caused havoc to my striped set. The Falcons in Raid kicked some serious ***, but it was to much of a pain trying to get the boot drive operational again. No fault on the Falcons it’s the BIO's and Intel's Raid software botching things up. But as the Admin said one is more than enough and just use a platter drive for your none pertinent data files. Check out my SSD tweaks and it will walk you through and setting up a platter for a scratch drive.
      CPU I7-980X @ 3.81Ghz
      MB ASUS P6X58D-E
      GPU GTX480 @ 770Mhz
      RAM 12Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme Division-2 DDR3 @ 1908Mhz
      PSU Corsair AX 850W
      SSD: Intel X25M 80Gb
      HD 2x WD VelociRaptors 150Gb in Raid-0

Sager NP8662
      CPU: Intel Q9100 @ 2.38 GHz
      GPU: GTX 260M @ 612Mhz
      RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1066Mhz 4Gb
      SSD: Intel X25M 120Gb