G.SKILL FM-25S2S-64GB updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL FM-25S2S-64GB updates?

About a year and a half ago I laid out almost $300 for 2 of these drives (one on 12/18/2008, one on 1/8/2009), one for my laptop and one for my desktop. Since that time I have had to do a complete drive reset (using HDD Erase) several times because of the infamous "stuttering" issue. Is/did G.SKILL are/ever give any support for these drives or are people like me stuck with these garbage drives? I have since bought an OCZ Vertex LE for my laptop and now have both in my desktop in RAID0 and performance is still very bad. I know the Vertex LE is a gen2 Sandforce-1500 based drives and these two are J.Micron based gen1 drvies, but the performance is garbage! Performance across the board, except in sequential reads) is 2-24x SLOWER on these 2 drives in RAID0 compared to my OCZ.

For reference, my systems are:

Desktop: ASUS Crosshair IV, Phenom II x4 965 C3 4ghz, 8GiB OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600 7-7-7-16 1T, Sapphire Radeon HD 5970 915/1200, 2x64GB G.SKILL SSD RAID0 + 1TB WD Black + 500GB Seagate, Creative X-Fi Titanium, SeaSonic X750, Antec 1200, Samsung 2433BW, Win 7 Ultimate x64

Laptop: MSI GT735, Turion Ultra x2 2.6ghz, 4GiB DDR2 800, Mobility Radeon HD 3850, 100GB OCZ Vertex LE SSD, Windows 7 Pro x64
    Last edited by black_zion; 06-22-2010, 05:48 PM.

No, unfortunately those are gen1 drives so not much support is available. But, complete the RMA procedures, send the SSDs back to us, and you should be satisfied with the results.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

So you are telling me that if I file for an RMA and send in both drives, G.SKILL will send me back 2 gen2 drives not based on the J.Micron controller?

Comment

Hello,

I have exactly the same SSD.
        I sent it back 3 weeks ago for RMA and get back a new one beginning of this week. RMA worked fine, really fast, but the SSD is always very slow; I got a gen1, not a gen2.

Is GSkill planning to do something for the people who have invested a lot of money in this drive for garbage performances?

Regards

Comment

All Gen1 SSDs require tweaks for optimum performance. You can't expect the old technology to compare with the new. Take a look at the SSD Tweaks sticky to maximize your performance.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yea I've done that, it just sucks that G.SKILL won't do anything, not even a trade-in credit, for people who spend their hard earned money on something that is unsupported in less than a year. Not going to spend a penny on G.SKILL products ever again I can promise you that, not after this crap, and judging by the way other users who have these drives talk as well on other forums, they won't buy one again either.

Comment

Where did I say we won't do anything? We don't have to do anything, but you should know that your satisfaction is our #1 priority...

When did you purchase your SSD?

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

As I stated in my original post, one on 12/18/2008 for $139.00, one on 1/8/2009 for 135.00, both on Newegg.com, and the Falcon series was released to consumers around June of 2009, and no firmware updates were ever made available for these drives so support never existed.

Comment

I had a faulty Falcon G1 128G SSD. I sent it back for RMA just yesterday and I'm expecting to receive a replacement(even better a new drive) like tomorrow as the guy there told me they'll ship it today for me. I'm quite satisfied with the service. I'm in Taiwan though.

Comment

black_zion,

I PM'd you about what we're willing to do. So like I said, send them in for new replacements so we can take care of this. =)

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

@Gkillmod -- I sent you a PM. Sorry for the delay, but I required my desktop for the past 2 months.

Comment

""""Yea I've done that, it just sucks that G.SKILL won't do anything, not even a trade-in credit, for people who spend their hard earned money on something that is unsupported in less than a year. Not going to spend a penny on G.SKILL products ever again I can promise you that, not after this crap, and judging by the way other users who have these drives talk as well on other forums, they won't buy one again either""""

Man i know what u mean, i bought a ford pickup back in 1956, it started running bad a few years ago, so i took it to a dealer and ask if i could RMA it because the newer ones run better, and he LOOKED at me like i was crazy or something, i told him that its just not fair that someone elses runs better than mine. haha, lol, rofl

dude are u serious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X