Falcon 128GB not detected in Asus P6TD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon 128GB not detected in Asus P6TD

Just got a new MB, the P6TD and now the Falcon drive is not detected in BIOS, unable to install Windows 7. I have tried to configure the SATA as IDE, AHCI and RAID, disabled enhanced, and all I can think of, still no luck. When plugging in the Falcon drive in another PC, the drive works just fine. I have upgraded to firmware 1916.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Try useing different SATA Cables, That maybe the fault,

Or try updateing the bios its the only thing i can think of buddy

Good luck

Comment

I have tried a bit more.......

I have tried a bit more. Updated BIOS to 0501 and all drivers re the MB, and reset BIOS settings to default. I connected both a DVD and a standard HD to the SATA connectors (new cables), they both worked fine. I tried 2 Falcon SSD drives (both updated w/latest firmware, 1916), one 64GB and one 128GB, none of them was recognised either in BIOS or by Windows 7 (ultimate 64-bit). Shut down and reboot between each test. Both Falcon SSD drives works in a second PC and in a Lenovo netbook. Everything else on the ASUS MB works just fine.

Ideas anyone? Or, must I resort to the fact that the ASUS P6TD just not support these SSDs?

Comment

If you want this problem gone fast you could always sell me the SSD for cheap :P lol xD *wishes*

Comment

Tried even more......., SSDs still not detected in BIOS on the P6TD Delux Connected the 64GB and 128GB (stand-alone each) on all 6 SATA ports. Started with SATA 1 and did the following configurations in BIOS, a) IDE/compatible, b) IDE/enhanced, c) AHCI and d) RAID for each port. After each configuration I tried to connect a DVD unit to make sure the SATA port connected OK. Still no joy, the 2 SSD drives works just fine after this time consuming test, in my Lenovo netbook S10-3.

Does this board support Falcon SSDs? What am I missing here.. (except for my SSDs)?

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard? Very odd...

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Dear pacpac,
              i have tried connectint Falcon 64GB(also updated to 1916) to the same motherboard "P6TD Deluxe" with BIOS:0501.
              But every thing is ok. i connected SSD to all the six SATA ports, tried to set SATA as a) IDE/compatible, b) IDE/enhanced, c) AHCI and d) RAID and all the setting could detect the falcon SSD well.
              This situation you encountered is really odd.
              if you have another power supply, you could try to test it with the other power supply. Perhaps that would work.
              if the issue remains, you could RMA it.

Comment

Problem solved....., finally

After trying numerous solutions, I decided to get 2 new power cable converters. That was it! It appeared that the 2 converters I was trying had both intermittent problems with connection, i.e. when in one angle it was OK (which happened to be in the angle when I tried the HD and the DVD), and when connecting the SSD, the angle was different rendering the converter useless and no/insufficient/wrong voltage to the SSD. Using the new converters, detected in BIOS perfectly OK, installed Windows 7 perfectly fine.

Anyway, it is now solved, and I can again enjoy my SSD drive. Would it be possible to have LED on the SSD indicating sufficient/correct power supply?

Comment

Hi glad to hear it buddy xD

Comment

Working...
                  X