Disable write-cache?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable write-cache?

How do you disable the write-cache on a Falcon II 64GB SSD, whenever I've tried Windows 7 reports it can't be done as the drive possibly doesn't support it.

Has anyone managed to disable the cache on their drives?

regards
    Walkerx

hi, walkerx
    could you describe how you disable your falconII 64GB?
    I've disabled write-cache on my Falcon II 64GB SSD in windows7.
    what i do is follow this guide
    you may try it~

Comment

Originally posted by sspinboy View Post
      hi, walkerx
      could you describe how you disable your falconII 64GB?
      I've disabled write-cache on my Falcon II 64GB SSD in windows7.
      what i do is follow this guide
      you may try it~
      thanks for the reply, but I know how to disable the write-cache on a drive, the issue i have under Windows 7 it won't allow it, saying the drive does not support this feature, so need to know if anyone on windows 7 has managed to disable the cache on their drive

If you've managed to do it, which firmware are you using - the original that came with the drive or the latest firmware

Comment

walkerx,
        My SSD is the latest firmware rev. 1916.
        My motherbord is p7p55d deluxe run sata in AHCI mode with Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
        What's your platform information ?

Comment

why bother

you guys want to keep your SSD for the next 10 years ? just don't bother with so many tweaks . Let Win7 manage the stuff and only change the temp folder location. If you start changing all the options, you'll end up with a slow booting PC. The grinding from the hard drive will come back and frankly , who care if this toy die after 3 years. By then, your 100megs/sec write SSD will be a joke. Just push it to it's limit, read and write, the hell with the longevity.

Comment

@sspinboy - using win7 64 (hp), msi dka790gx plat, phen II x4 940

@sirius69 - leaving write-cache on a drive can cause data corruption if windows crashes or you have a power failure, so it is advisable to actually disable the write-cache to prevent this from happening

Comment

Working...
            X