Falcon II not recognized in External Dock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon II not recognized in External Dock

Hi - just bought a Falcon II 128GB disk.
    When I put it in a Voyager Q dock
    http://www.newertech.com/products/voyagerq.php
    the disk isn't recognised.
    Disk works fine on the SATA bus but not in the dock.

Will upgrading the firmware have any effect? Is there anything else I can try or should I return the disk if I want to use it in the dock?

Syd

Upgrading the firmware should not have an affect, although it is odd that it will not recognize it. I would suggest contacting the manufacturer of the docking station to see if they may have an idea.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Have done so - they haven't had any reported problems with SSD in their dock.

I'm going to try another brand of dock and if that doesn't work I'll return the disk for another unit or try another brand.

Comment

Don't bother, G.Skill have had many reports of difficult if not impossible processes to update flash, they choose to ignore and believe there is no issue.

Find another brand, I have just put an Intel into my desktop and I can tell you upgrading the firmware is a simple as burning a CD and their site has tools and support that poor G.Skill could only dream of.

OCZ and many others have far better products and support, G.Skill will become the favourite ebay supplier soon as nobody else will touch them fro fear of the RMA's

Comment

hey syd, the problem may caused by the compatibility between the bridge chipset in the dock and the SSD controller, you may try to update both firmware of the dock and SSD to see if it works.
          Sometimes new firmware could solve the compatibility problems.

Comment

Working...
          X