Falcon 64 S.M.A.R.T. Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon 64 S.M.A.R.T. Compatibility

Is there someone here who can tell me if my Falcon 64 SSD is S.M.A.R.T. compatible?? Or what is or isn't compatible about it.

I am beta testing some drive-related software for another company and as soon as I ran the new software, it reported that the drive was only 24% healthy with a minimum level of 40% as a threshold.

It also reported high "Uncorrectable Sector Count" as 225, and "Soft Read Error Count" of 48.

I clean and wipe the drive regularly have have not noticed any slowdowns or problems with other drive-related software.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

RevBC

Yes, indeed it is. But SSDs use some traditional S.M.A.R.T. attributes differently than hard disks so the program must be written correctly for these features.

In addition, S.M.A.R.T. is not always implemented correctly on many computer platforms, due to the absence of industry-wide software & hardware standards for S.M.A.R.T. data interchange.

Depending on the type of interface being used, some S.M.A.R.T.-enabled motherboards and related software may not communicate with certain S.M.A.R.T.-capable drives. For example, few external drives connected via USB and Firewire correctly send S.M.A.R.T. data over those interfaces. With so many ways to connect a hard drive (SCSI, Fibre Channel, ATA, SATA, SAS, SSA, and so on), it is difficult to predict whether S.M.A.R.T. reports will function correctly in a given system.

Also, it is not capable in RAID configuration.

Even on hard drives and interfaces that support it, S.M.A.R.T. information may not be reported correctly to the computer's operating system. On the Windows platform, many programs designed to monitor and report S.M.A.R.T. information will function only under an administrator account.

You can use another program to see if you can replicate the errors.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X