Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure upgrading Falcon II 128gb to 1916

Hi,

I have just tried upgrading the firmware on my FalconII 128gb SSD to 1916 (from 1819).

However I always encounter the error message “Upgrade Failed, please choose the right parameter for your SSD” and the drive is unusable.

Any suggestions?

Here's what I did in more detail:

I installed the jumper and turned on the computer (Vista 64bit).

Downloaded and extracted the 1916 firmware and ran Upgrade_AP.exe as Administrator.

In the upgrade application I selected “G.SKILL FALCON-II 128GB SSD -3“ (choosing options -1 and -2 resulted in immediate errors). The upgrade process seemed to start successfully using option SSD-3 and the “erasing NAND Flash for rework” message slowly counted up past 8000.

However the black updating window then closes and I am told “Upgrade Failed, please choose the right parameter for your SSD” .

Thanks,
    PAJ.

Do you have the SSD set as Drive 0? Make sure it is set to IDE not anything else. The upgrade firmware should be on another drive, not the same SSD.

If you can't figure it out, simply send it in for a new replacement with the latest firmware.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hello again,

The SSD drive was indeed set to "drive 0" (by plugging it into the first SATA channel connector), it was also in IDE mode and the firmware updating program was run from the boot hard drive (which was a different drive to the SSD).

I just tried again to update the firmware and this time four ?erase failure blank added to runtime bad block list? errors were reported before the ?Upgrade Failed, please choose the right parameter for your SSD? message was encountered.

How would I go about sending the SSD in for a replacement? I am in Australia.

Thanks.

Comment

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Simply complete the General RMA Request Form and email it to our Taiwan RMA office; they will be able to replace that for you.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

check this video:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKV0AQea0Lg

Comment

Your (excellent) video shows EXACTLY the same set of problems which I encountered when trying to upgrade my SSD.

I was ultimately unable to update mine. :-(

I have now sent my SSD back for RMA.

Comment

Yeap, pretty much the same problem I was having - though Im using Falcon I.

Seems to be more and more people getting this problem - a few threads dedicated to the same issue.

Dont you just luv how the support's answer is always

please try it again to run as administrator
              this issue should be solved
              thanks

WE ARE NOT STUPID....we have tried and tried. I have given up and will never guy a gskill product again. Not wasting my time sending it back for replacement.

Comment

Working...
              X