Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Falcon II Install Questions

I have just installed the Falcon II.

Process: Using Acronis True Image, I cloned my old HDD to the new SSD. The old HDD has been removed and the PC is now running on the SSD. The operating system is XP.

Questions:

1) Firmware Upgrade:
    a) When I Click on the Upgrade_AP.exe file no disk is found. The are to select the SSD is blank. Ho do I fix this?

b) Will any formatting take place with the Firmware Upgrade. I do not want to loose the information / operating system on the SSD

TRIM
    a) How do I install TRIM? Can you please point me in the right direction

Do you have the SSD as primary drive 0? What mode in BIOS do you have it set on?

Please back up all your information as mistakes can happen while updating firmware.

TRIM is a command that will be ran by Windows, or a TRIM program.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

1) Yes the SSD is primary drive 0.

2) How do I check the mode in the Bios re your question? Once in the Bios what do I need to look for? What does the mode need to be set as?

3) Re Trim. I am running XP. What TRIM programs are suggested for the Falcon II on windows XP.

Comment

you can't use SSD as system disk and run upgrade firmware AP on it
        while running firmware upgrade, the data in SSD will be all erased
        so, you'll need another system and plug the jumper in behind SSD, install SSD in disk 0 and then run firmware upgrade AP
        in Windows XP, you have to run wiper manually to have similar function of trim command
        thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
        X