Cannot Update to Firmware 1916 under windows xp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Update to Firmware 1916 under windows xp

when i try to update my falcon II 128GB drive firmware to 1916 its give me blue screen and restarts pc.
    i attached drive from SATA with jumper. run the upgrade application selected G.SKILL FALCON II 128GB SSD -1 (Recomended) and its opened dos windows. Said checking SD Memory %20 and give blue screen. How can i solve this problem?

I format my desktop pc and installed windows7 32bit. After install program crash stopped and program runned but;
    i choose recommended 1 version but didnt worked it said;
    "Upgrade Failed, please choose the right parameter for your SSD."

then i choose second one also failed and said same thing.

then i choose third one and it started to work. But when working it also give some errors when working and it said choose right ssd parameter for your SSD.
    How can i Update firmware??

Attached all pictures.

Comment

please try it again to run as administrator
      the problem should be solved
      thanks

G.S

Comment

Im already runing as administrator.

Comment

today i tried again and this time didnt give me error for erase failure bank but when it finished it said again upgrade failed, please choose the right paramater for your SSD.

I cannot understand always disks make suprise to me. yesterday it was allways give erase failure bank error but today no errors but fail to upgrade. please Gskill tech give some reasons or just make clear way to upgrade ssds.

by the way i send email to indilinx company for understand why ssds have so many fails. after understand fail reasons i will decide to open court for companies.

Comment

when he say run as administrator, this doesn't mean to log in as an administrator, it mean right click and select: run as administrator.
            You have to run the upgrade from another disk, not from the SSD itself since anyway, with the jumper in it won't boot . I guess you know that already, but just saying again for other people.

If the SSD is NOT the boot drive and you put the jumper as it should be, it should upgrade if you run the upgrade as an administrator ( right click) , if not , then it might be a faulty SSD

Comment

Give up trkr.......it seems you are in the same boat as me.
              http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=4368

I have tried ALOT of different scenarios and always get "upgrade failed, please choose the right paramater for your SSD." The only thing I didnt try was doing it in WinXP....but it seems you had the same problem as well.

Im still hoping its something simple I have missed.....but until stupid Gskill comes up with a solution.....forget about upgrading.

Comment

finally i decide to take video of my upgrade style. Because im sure doing everything correct.

1- Attached drive to new formatted windows 7 desktop pc from SATA interface as second disk ( NOT OS Installed Disk)
                2- Drive was jumpered (show on bios or windows "yatapdong barefoot-rom")
                3- Disk is show on disk management as "Disk0"
                4- All files have been checked to run as administrator. (also right click and select: run as administrator)
                5- Selecting Option 3 ( because others dosent run)
                6- First i was trying it was give delete error but other 3 try it didn't but always says when near the finish job "upgrade failed, please choose the right paramater for your SSD."

Ok these are my trying. I will take also video too. Because gskill support send me this mail like a joke;

Dear customer,

Please try it again, it should work.
                Thanks.

Regards,

Albert Yin
                FAE
                G.Skill International
                www.gskill.com

Comment

Lol....that reply from GSkill pretty much sums up their support - its like they know nothing.
                  I noticed you are trying to upgrade a Falcon II - which has 3 options. Never seen that before.
                  I was trying to upgrade Falcon I .... and the list has either 64,128,256 gb versions.

Im pretty sure the reason why I cant upgrade is because I have the 64gb version, but when the jumper is on, in disk manager it shows disk space of 134gb (or something like that). Im no expert at these things, but I guess some info about the disk is wrong somewhere actually on the ssd - confusing the update program?

Can anyone confirm this is normal and they could still update?
                  trkr, does the size match up in disk manager?

Comment

If you'd like, simply send it in and we will exchange it with one that has the latest firmware.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                    X