Problems Updating Falcon II Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems Updating Falcon II Firmware

When I try to run the firmware update utility, I get the error "A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed". If I OK the error the update utility opens but there is nothing listed in the "SSD Model No" dropdown list. HELP.

you try to update by using which operating system ? obviously, there is a DLL missing. Give us more info on your setup

Comment

Thanks for the reply sirius69. My OS is Windows 7 x64. There is obviously some sort of problem with this machine because I tried the firmware update utility on 2 other machines and there was no problem. I'm not sure why my main machine has the problem because all my other software works fine. I'll probably do a clean install of the OS when I have time.

Comment

use another machine to upgrade your SSD, you won't be able to upgrade it on your actual setup.. SSD don't upgrade when they are boot drives.

Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but make sure you have .net framework installed and all the windows updates. I'm not sure in what program language the upgrade utility is written, it look like java.. so update the java also. Might as well update VC++ ( visual studio)

Comment

Working...
        X