Falcon II 64GB what am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon II 64GB what am I doing wrong?

I just installed the 64GB Falcon II as my system drive in Win 7. Restoring from a previously made image didn't go without hassles but it finally did work. Now, I do not see ANY improvement in boot speed over my old spinning drive at all - and that was the main reason I did opt for an SSD.
    Anybody any ideas what I might be missing?
    ATTO shows decent read / write speeds but I just don't see the benefit when booting. Is there anything in the settings I need to adjust or what am I doing wrong? Thankful for any input. Thanks, Daniel

So what you are saying you had and image that u created from a platter HDD and you used that to image to your new SSD. Well i suggest you download wiper and wipe the drive and see how it goes first.

Comment

Thanks macdaddy, I'll give it a try. The Falcon came fresh out of the box though, isn't wiper just helpful after you've been using the drive for a while?

Comment

It doesn't hurt to run it fresh out or not it. Its maybe all those time that you tried to image the ssd with the backup and trying back and forth to get the image working that eventually slowed your ssd

Comment

You have GOT to be kidding me! After messing around for 4 days, installing, re-installing, formatting, partitioning, finding out that my image did not include my data (file) drive, .... I found the reason for what slows down my Windows 7 install in my 64GB Falcon II: I changed the Windows Desktop Background to solid color black. I am a simple guy and I don't dig the default windows screen - so naturally I changed it. This one change in settings, a dummy like me thinking this will - if anything - use less resources than the default windows screen, this one simple change takes all your performance gain out of the SSD. Seriously. I don't know how to send MS a note so that they can research and patch that, if anybody has Bill Gates' eMail address, let me know......

Comment

Working...
          X