Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FALCON II 128GB SSD Failed

Hi,

i have 128gbf2, yesterday i shutdown my notebook (sony vaio vgn-z46gg) and today when i open my notebook Computer said "Operating system not found" (hdd light is always on). i checked bios and it dosen't appear on bios. On hdd section says "NONE". Entered this forum and find jumper setting and added jumper to hdd. when i open notebook with jumpered hdd it shows under bios hdd section like: "128GB".

what can i do with my ssd please help me.

My SSD Details:

I Bought it when i was trip on JAPAN/TOKYO NOVEMBER 09

FALCON II 128GB

FM-25S2I-128GBF2

2,5" 128GB SSD SATA-2

Im assuming that the falcon 2 comes with the 1881 firmware. What u need to do is try to recover it. Try flashing the firmware again.

Comment

but where is the firmware and what program i can use? any download link or how to instructions?

Comment

your right i forgot. Because it a falcon II ssd and you cant flash to old FW and no new firmware is out yet. The only option is RMA or wait till new FW comes out ..... hopefully soon.

Comment

I had same issue with Mac Mini. I made Power Unit reset for Mac Mini and then it found again the SSD. Very strange.

I Also have problems with sleeping mode. When mac mini goes to sleeping, sometimes it doesn't wake up anymore and I have to force to shutdown the computer.

Comment

to toumaslaa:
            if the problem continues, please return to us for replacement

by the way, the 1916 firmware for Falcon II should be released soon
            thanks

G.S

Comment

When??? You are always saying soon soon soon. We are customers and we are buying this products for use not for wait your firmware upgrade. Can you imagine you bought car and when it fails on the road company says to you "please wait we will make new engine soon so you can turn to your home" ?????

this is the mail i have today from gskill...
              Dear customer,

Since we still have some problem with the firmware upgrade tool of Falcon II SSD, you need to wait for a while for the firmware upgrade tool.
              Or you could backup your data and return this SSD to us for another replacement.
              Thanks.

Regards,

Albert Yin
              FAE
              G.Skill International

Comment

Dear G.Skill members,

as I read in this thread "1916 firmware for Falcon II should be released soon" I was very happy sice I have to reinstall the full OS on this drive. But I did not know that "soon" does not mean within 8 days!

Would you please be so kind to give a clear statement when we have to expect the new firmware?

This is important because I dont want to sent my disk in RMA and wait another two weeks just to find the new firmware on the server the next day.

Please, this is very important because we have committments to fulfill and the decisions which computer should do the tremondous number crunching job is exactly now to decide.

Thank you in advance for your generous help,
                TheThe

Comment

Please!

Another four days without any word. I going to loose all my confidence in G.Skill. Is this what you intend?!

Comment

thethe they will not answer to you because they always says just RMA. I think falcon II drives have a serious problems. And there is no way to fix it with firmware update. But i dont understand why they just dont says " Falcon II drives have problem we will replace it just send it to us" they are just waiting for fails and they dont care about our datas or time loss.

Comment

we apologized for the delay of new firmware
                      we got the fixed one yesterday and are testing the stability now
                      the new firmware should be released within this week
                      thanks

G.S

Comment

Thank you very much for this information! I am very happy to hear that and are able to postpone the reinstallation of the number cruncher a couple of days.

TheThe

Comment

the 1916 firmware for Falcon II released today
                          you could upgrade it now
                          thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
                          X