Falcon II 64G Drive Lifetime is falling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon II 64G Drive Lifetime is falling

I've been using the SSD for about 4 month. A Falcon II 64G with 1881 firmware.

The SSD is power on for 935 hours runing Windows7 and some softwares, everything seens to be fine, the speed of the drive is almost as fast as the new one.

And when I first took a look at the Health Status with CrystalDiskInfo 4 months ago, the software reported 100%. But this number is keeping falling. A week ago it was 89% and now it's 86%. By the way, there is another parameter in the software called "Remaining Drive Lifetime" with the ID "D1", and it's data is "56" in Hex now.

Does this means the SSD's health status is falling, as the software report?
    If this shows the real lifetime of the SSD, does it means I should have the SSD RMA?

Last edited by nfsking2; 02-24-2010, 09:17 AM. Reason: upload the pic

Health status is not that the drive is dying but its just not running at its optimum. Maybe u need to clean it up a bit or run wiper and fresh install.

Comment

I second that, my drives usually hand around high 50's on health and around 70 on performance. Allot also has to do with how full the drive is with data, but a a trim with a check disk on boot-up should always do the trick.
      CPU I7-980X @ 3.81Ghz
      MB ASUS P6X58D-E
      GPU GTX480 @ 770Mhz
      RAM 12Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme Division-2 DDR3 @ 1908Mhz
      PSU Corsair AX 850W
      SSD: Intel X25M 80Gb
      HD 2x WD VelociRaptors 150Gb in Raid-0

Sager NP8662
      CPU: Intel Q9100 @ 2.38 GHz
      GPU: GTX 260M @ 612Mhz
      RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1066Mhz 4Gb
      SSD: Intel X25M 120Gb