No announcement yet.

My Falcon 64 a BRICK! Can someone help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Falcon 64 a BRICK! Can someone help?

Please help!

The FW1819 Update AP utility failed while updating my G.Skill Falcon FM-25S2S-64GBF1 (SN: 9190000004446) SSD. The drive is no longer recognized by Windows XP (with or without the firmware update jumper installed) nor is it found when running the Update AP utility.

I cannot continue the update nor can I use the device.

What can be done to restore function?

Thank You,

YodaBob

something died i dont think it was the firmware that did it.

Comment

Thanks for reply macdaddy.

Running Update_AP resulted in lockup and spontaneous reboot during first attempt... drive NOT detected upon startup. Since my first post I discovered removing and re-installing jumper would permit disk discovery with jumper installed, still Update_AP crashes to BSOD EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I gave up on 1819, trying to get back to FW12571 and a usable SSD. I am now in PE environment (using Server 2008 install disk) trying to flash device back to FW1571. Looks like its working...

Success! "Update" to 1571 appears to have worked. On to reinstall OS...

Will post again with results...

YodaBob

Comment

Good to here and suggest you stick with the 1571 FW until gskill release the 1916 FW. God knows when that will be ......

Comment

I'm with you on that one! 1571 only failed me under Win 7. Running Server 2008 OS on it now, hopefully better this time around. Hopefully wiper.exe likes Server better than 7!

My Falcon seems happy again... thanks for listening!

Comment

Originally posted by YodaBob View Post
            I'm with you on that one! 1571 only failed me under Win 7. Running Server 2008 OS on it now, hopefully better this time around. Hopefully wiper.exe likes Server better than 7!

My Falcon seems happy again... thanks for listening!
            So are you satisfied with the drive again. I'm considering purchasing one second hand. I'd like to know more of your experiences.
            Do you run an AMD 790FX chipset or higher end GIGABYTE motherboard and an AMD Phenom processor with G.Skill 1066 DDR2 RAM? If so I could really use your input, information and advice over here.

Comment

Working...
            X