No announcement yet.

Falcon 128 Data Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On 27th January a re-Flash seemed to restore my Falcon 128GB to health. Pah ! Failed one week later. Since then I returned it under warranty and got a replacement - another Falcon 128GB with old 1500 firmware. Do I trust it ? No way. My Main PC (Win7) is now flying with a Samsung SSD & the Falcon is relegated to my Entertainment (XP) machine.

Only a few months remaining on my suppliers' warranty. Kinda hoping it fails again before then so I can get another replacement.

Does anyone know what's causing the failures ? Is it a BIOS code problem, manufacturing fault or component fatigue ?

Comment

if i were to GUESS, it might be inferior batch of NAND memory...it happens and i know it is a pain to get stuck with it!

it behooves everyone to test drive the SSD drive, when you receive it, to see if it shows signs of degradation just NEW out of the box...don't accept something that has sub-par performance runs when you exercise the drive with HDTune.

Comment

Can't be sure what the problems are. Don't see the other manufacturers having this degree of defect issues. One thing I am sure of when I receive my replacement drive, currently in the RMA process, it won't go anywhere near my main computer or be trusted with sensitive data. I'll put it in a laptop for non important use. I'll let it stay on continuously for a good while to break in. Warranty is almost up after this, should make for an interesting conversation if my next drive fails out of warranty.

Just a note on Acronis... I had started using Acronis not long after receiving my second replacement drive. My backup image previous to the corruption failure was itself corrupt. I couldn't mount the image file or do a bare metal restore from the image. The software barely was able to browse the image for me to manually pull data off. If you have the space, do individual day backups or test the backups often by trying to mount the image.

Comment

i use 9.0 acronis.

i do a validation of the image after writing the image to the drive.

Comment

Working...
          X