No announcement yet.

When the firm 1916???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed the 1916 firmware in Raid0 a few minutes ago and did a benchmark it is not to bad. Will log off for a couple of hours and see if the GC is working or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffyj View Post
      Installed the 1916 firmware in Raid0 a few minutes ago and did a benchmark it is not to bad. Will log off for a couple of hours and see if the GC is working or not.

After being logged out for about 2 hours and then doing another bench it seems the new firmware is just slightly lower than 1571 in bench marks.

Comment

• yeah i can confirm its abit slower but i can take that if it has GC.

Comment

• Originally posted by macdaddy View Post
          yeah i can confirm its abit slower but i can take that if it has GC.
          I really do not know if it has the GC function and like you say I can handle a slight loss of speed for the GC if it supports it.

Comment

yeah i can confirm its abit slower but i can take that if it has GC.
            I really do not know if it has the GC function and like you say I can handle a slight loss of speed for the GC if it supports it. Can anyone confirm one way or the other if it supports GC.

Comment

• what is GC?

Comment

• Originally posted by ace-a-rue View Post
                what is GC?

I would say it is like Trim but called Garbage Collection when the drives are running in Raid configuration.

Comment

• ah!...is there a program to handle raid 0 configurations?

Comment

• What the firmware update really needs is support for linux etc. that way I can use a live CD to update, saves having to take it to another PC

Comment

• Originally posted by ace-a-rue View Post
                      ah!...is there a program to handle raid 0 configurations?
                      Read the above post. If the firmware supports GC.
                      Last edited by Griffyj; 03-06-2010, 07:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sirius69
                        why don't you guys post in the appropriated thread ? this one should be locked, the firmware is available NOW .

and when you talk about lost of speed and other specs, it would be nice to tell us which Falcon you have and what numbers do you get.. also would be nice to compare with another test 2 days after . when you will have used your computer, write and erase a few times.. SSD will always slow down after a few days with a new firmware.
                        no, it's not, at least not for falconII users. so I suggest this thread stays open until 1916 is released for the whole falcon series.

Comment

• Wait, this firmware is only for Falcon I???
                          Yet again us Falcon II users get screwed over. That's it, I'm selling my Falcon II and moving to a different manufacturer, and I'll be sure to let my friends and other users know never to buy a G.Skill product AGAIN.

Comment

• Originally posted by -nighthawk- View Post
                            Wait, this firmware is only for Falcon I???
                            Yet again us Falcon II users get screwed over. That's it, I'm selling my Falcon II and moving to a different manufacturer, and I'll be sure to let my friends and other users know never to buy a G.Skill product AGAIN.
                            NOO don't tell them yet ask them if they want to buy mine first !!!

Comment

you just use it for internet browsing so you don't know ****. What i NEED is for my raid 0 Setup. I can't use Trim or anything. I need GC. The drives overtime lose their speed and every 2 months i have to go through the process of running wiper on each of the drives. Its a time consuming process. SUPPORT YOUR RAID 0 USSERS GSKILL
                              xe xe xe

You just remembered me of many computer "experts" that need cpu speed, ram, hdd speed but they never consume more than 10% of the computer power.

Please go and get a play station and spare us of your comments!!!

Comment

• Garbage Collection is active in firmware 1916. As far as Falcon II firmware, a revision is still in development.

GriffyJ,

I will see what I can find out about the increase in delays.

Thank you
                                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                                X