No announcement yet.

When the firm 1916???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know why are you in harry for the new firmware. The drive works just fine and that's it. My didn't work before the last firmware update on my sata I laptop and now i get only a minor error during paging operations (event id 51) that does not affect the windows stability. So please just enjoy in this speedy drive and shut up!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by boris.v View Post
      I don't know why are you in harry for the new firmware. The drive works just fine and that's it. My didn't work before the last firmware update on my sata I laptop and now i get only a minor error during paging operations (event id 51) that does not affect the windows stability. So please just enjoy in this speedy drive and shut up!!!!!
      Works fine currently.
      +1 to the above quote!

Comment

• Originally posted by boris.v View Post
        I don't know why are you in harry for the new firmware. The drive works just fine and that's it. My didn't work before the last firmware update on my sata I laptop and now i get only a minor error during paging operations (event id 51) that does not affect the windows stability. So please just enjoy in this speedy drive and shut up!!!!!

you just use it for internet browsing so you don't know ****. What i NEED is for my raid 0 Setup. I can't use Trim or anything. I need GC. The drives overtime lose their speed and every 2 months i have to go through the process of running wiper on each of the drives. Its a time consuming process. SUPPORT YOUR RAID 0 USSERS GSKILL

Comment

• Originally posted by Titus View Post
          can we at least get a time frame when the firmware might get released?...at least a tentative release date would be something we could anticipate...it's the endless waiting with no idea of when to expect it that is the most frustrating
          You are right we want a time frame. Testing testing ....... Testing for what ? Looks like they can't give us a time frame ..... Thats the support guys. I Don't Know you guys. But im here for true support and not just want to test the new FW. WE RAID 0 user need support.

Comment

• dear all~

Sorry for the delay
            The firmware 1916 is released just now
            please see here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=4358

Thanks.

G.S

Comment

• Yeee-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

• Hi,great Job G.Skill, and what is with Falcon II Users? Falcon II Users must just wait 5 month.

Comment

• Originally posted by gskill View Post
                  dear all~

sorry for the delay
                  the firmware 1916 is released just now
                  please see here:

thanks.

G.s
                  thank you!!

finally!!...the wait is over

I'm confused about the instructions...do I still need to set up the SSD as a slave and use another hard drive (as master) to load the firmware update tool?
                  Last edited by Titus; 03-05-2010, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• off course you do it say it the same way as the last one very easy
                    1 plug in jumper
                    2 switch to ide mode in bios
                    3 run FW update

Comment

• Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
                      dear all~

Sorry for the delay
                      The firmware 1916 is released just now
                      please see here:

Thanks.

G.S
                      Any built-in Garbage Collection support for this firmware?

Comment

• good question. I had to go back to FW1571 to get wiper to work. and 1819 performance was a big hit.

Comment

• Someone test this ...... Does it have GC ???

Comment

• I havn't tested it yet but it definitely has Garbage Collection...the firmware is written by Indilinx and they enabled it with 1916...

TRIM Firmware v1916 (1.5 to OCZ customers)

Only available to OCZ and Crucial customers at present, Indilinx's second TRIM enabled firmware (the first was v1819) also makes numerous improvements to the drive's wear levelling algorithms. Available as a bootable .iso file installation, it is remarkably simple to use and is non-destructive to data (although you should always back up data from an SSD when updating firmware as a matter of principle). This update also brings the first garbage collection algorithm for Indilinx based drives, providing performance recovery in non-TRIM operating systems like Linux, XP and Vista.

Comment

• So will I loose all my data if I upgrade the SSD?
                              If so, with an SSD image backup it should all be fine right?

Comment

• Originally posted by -nighthawk- View Post
                                So will I loose all my data if I upgrade the SSD?
                                If so, with an SSD image backup it should all be fine right?

Yes you will lose all your data and yes if you have a image backup on another drive you will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X