No announcement yet.

When the firm 1916???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I?am really pissed off about the Support from G.Skill, thats my first and my last SSD from this ******** Factory.

Comment

Originally posted by NikK View Post
      One has his intel, right or wrong
      looks like it was wrong

Comment

I am just saying what i was told, i am also waiting for it.

Comment

We can waiting and waiting and waiting,its a bad joke what g.skill is doing with us user!!!

Comment

maybe after 2 months of testing and re-testing G.Skill finally found a small bug in the firmware and the firmware release has been delayed another 2 months...

Comment

Hi,whats going on with FW1916? I have an Idea for improve your Support,every G.Skill SSD User must be send your SSD back to G.Skill and want money back,that improve your Support,really.

Comment

Maybe they planing to skip this firmware and wait for the next release. So just say new one comes in 6 months time ..... Gskill will have it within a year. lol

Comment

This company does not know what support is or how to manage it for SSD products. I am surprised they are still in business selling them. I will never buy another one from them again.
                  Last edited by Griffyj; 03-02-2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

G.Skill's memory products are still one of the best...their SSD products are also excellent but suffer from terrible customer support...SSD's are still in their early stages and need frequent firmware updates to keep performance levels high...I wish G.Skill would understand this

I bought the Falcon 1 256GB SSD mainly because of the price...along with its excellent performance...but next time I think I'll pay a little more $$ and buy from another manufacturer in order to get better customer support
                    Last edited by Titus; 03-02-2010, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Ssd

Totally Agree..

Originally posted by Titus View Post
                      G.Skill's memory products are still one of the best...their SSD products are also excellent but suffer from terrible customer support...SSD's are still in their early stages and need frequent firmware updates to keep performance levels high...I wish G.Skill would understand this

I bought the Falcon 1 256GB SSD mainly because of the price...along with its excellent performance...but next time I think I'll pay a little more $$ and buy from another manufacturer in order to get better customer support

Comment

• Hi, I'm new here so please treat me gently

My understanding of the Barefoot ECO Indilinx processor is that, so far at least, G.Skill is the only significant SSD manufacturer who has adopted and is selling this technology. I have developed my share of firmware over the years and I would imagine that the ECO version of the firmware would be different than the plain Barefoot version. IF this is true (has anybody confirmed otherwise?) then it is understandable that the G.Skill firmware would take longer to test and release.

I'm probably more concerned that other vendors have not adopted the new ECO version as yet. If this is the case then you would have to wonder why. If this remains the case, I would be more concerned that Indilinx has no interest in future updates and would simply EOL the product.

Have I got this all wrong?

Comment

• It?s incredibly what is doing the Support.
                          Each other Company have a better Support.
                          No answer from the staff

Comment

• We do understand that frequent firmware updates are needed. Everything that is written on this board is read and taken into consideration. We are always working on improving the firmware to your needs, but unfortunately it simply isn't a quick fix. We would love to release a bunch of firmware updates just to make it seem like we're doing something, but that's not how we operate. Everything you get from us, memory, SSD, firmware, coolers, will all be thoroughly tested for minimum defects. Our main priority is quality, not racing to release products that may have bugs and cause high defects.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, but rest assured that we are trying our best to solidfy the latest firmware update for you guys.

Thank you for your patience
                            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

• Bla Bla Bla Bla, we are testing we are optimizing bla bla bla bla bla,about 2 month the same bla bla bla.

Comment

• Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                                We do understand that frequent firmware updates are needed. Everything that is written on this board is read and taken into consideration. We are always working on improving the firmware to your needs, but unfortunately it simply isn't a quick fix. We would love to release a bunch of firmware updates just to make it seem like we're doing something, but that's not how we operate. Everything you get from us, memory, SSD, firmware, coolers, will all be thoroughly tested for minimum defects. Our main priority is quality, not racing to release products that may have bugs and cause high defects.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, but rest assured that we are trying our best to solidfy the latest firmware update for you guys.

Thank you for your patience
                                GSKILL SUPPORT
                                can we at least get a time frame when the firmware might get released?...at least a tentative release date would be something we could anticipate...it's the endless waiting with no idea of when to expect it that is the most frustrating

Comment

Working...
                                X