X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V1819

Downgrade to V1571 before wiper.exe

V1571 after wiper.exe
    Last edited by Audionut; 11-14-2009, 01:57 AM.

Comment

• for sure if i was only running 1 ssd stay with FW 1571 and use wiper. for those of us that are hoping for Internal garbage collection in this FW will just have to live with it . or at least till we find out that there is none at all then we can all take the time to go back to 1571 and get are speed back.

please gskill rep tell us if ITGC is working or not
      confirm that the falcon 1 & 2 can work together in raid thank
      Last edited by gingerbee; 11-14-2009, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gingerbee View Post
        for sure if i was only running 1 ssd stay with FW 1571 and use wiper. for those of us that are hoping for Internal garbage collection in this FW will just have to live with it . or at least till we find out that there is none at all then we can all take the time to go back to 1571 and get are speed back.

please gskill rep tell us if ITGC is working or not
        confirm that the falcon 1 & 2 can work together in raid thank
        Garbage Collection is not only for those with RAID setups but is also important for those using a single SSD with Windows Vista

Comment

• that's what wiper is for

Comment

• Originally posted by gingerbee View Post
            that's what wiper is for
            true but since TRIM is not supported in Vista having background Garbage Collection is like having TRIM enabled

I wish G.Skill would make an official announcement on whether FW 1819 has GC or not...why is that so hard!

Comment

• It is clear like water:

Change logs

1. The controller now supports Windows 7 TRIM command much better.

2. Parts of SMART function command have been improved to further increase the accuracy.

3. Fixed the occasional failure caused by the SATA 1.5G bug.

4. Modified part of DATA transferring command and increase the stability of data throughput.

No GC.

Comment

• so gskill was wrong when they said that it would support GC hence why i would like a gskill rep to confirm that it's not there. I can read to thank for the obvious change log ( sometimes there more to it then that )
                but thank for your opinion. i will wait for a rep if they every get around to it ha ha
                and if that the case forget it i am going to ocz forget this later
                there always more to it http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=2497&page=5
                Last edited by gingerbee; 11-14-2009, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Send one of the G.SKILL message board Administrators a private message. They have told us that we are free to do this for questions like this.

Comment

• thank s will do but i think i am going back to 1571. I mean come on 3 months for just this crappy FW update and from what is seems no GC. if they try to say they been testing . well thats bull. because every other ssd maker ( all indilinx ssd ) use the same FW so what testing are they talking about i call bunk on that bull ( this basic FW has been done for oh like almost 2 months now for all the others.
                    in fact forget (gkill) ssd. moving to a real company see all you later.

(gkill) the business killers first and last time for there stuff. but i am stuck with these falcons might sell them and go for a real ssd maker. i mean come on guys patriot has way better suppot then this. well ia m done ranting about how bad gskill support is fro there own forums h aha what a very bad joke on me. gladly going back to a-data a real company ( funny thing to if you call them they answer the phone ha ha amazing ah.

Comment

• how can I revert back to an earlier firmware?...G.Skill only has a link to the latest 1819 firmware...is there a link to older G.Skill firmwares?

Comment

• Originally posted by Titus View Post
                        how can I revert back to an earlier firmware?...G.Skill only has a link to the latest 1819 firmware...is there a link to older G.Skill firmwares?
                        Send me a private message if you need it. I have it and can email it to you.

Comment

• http://rapidshare.com/files/30679726...pdate_tool.zip

Comment

• Anyone using this latest firmware confirm that Garbage Collection works ???

Comment

• I thought that Garbage Collection was exclusive to OCZ drives, even with this firmware.

Comment

• Originally posted by TwoCables View Post
                                I thought that Garbage Collection was exclusive to OCZ drives, even with this firmware.
                                I believe OCZ had an earlier beta firmware exclusive and maybe even they were able to release their firmware earlier then other manufacturer's due to the fact that they work so closely with Indilinx

but I don't think that OCZ has an exclusive to the feature itself...that would make no sense and would undercut all other SSD manufacturer's...almost like a monopoly

Comment

Working...
                                X