Cannot run wiper about to RMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot run wiper about to RMA

I have an nvidia 680i chipset, I have tried every option to run wiper. it is in drive 0, no nvidia drivers, has OS on drive and I have tried to run as administrator, tried in an intel chipset computer as drive 0, cannot run on drives. I used to read at 220mb per second now reading 160mb. I am about to RMA with Newegg and buy another drive. I am running Bios 1571. Please advise

Originally posted by chipeast View Post
    I have an nvidia 680i chipset, I have tried every option to run wiper. it is in drive 0, no nvidia drivers, has OS on drive and I have tried to run as administrator, tried in an intel chipset computer as drive 0, cannot run on drives. I used to read at 220mb per second now reading 160mb. I am about to RMA with Newegg and buy another drive. I am running Bios 1571. Please advise
    I am another person who cannot run Wiper, however I'm not seeing as much of a decrease in performance, so I am curious about something: have you performed all of the recommended tweaks? Additionally, is your drive more than half full?

Finally, which operating system are you using? If it's Windows 7, then which build is it?

Here are some of my system specifications:
    • EVGA 680i SLI (122-CK-NF68)
    • Windows 7 x64, build 7100
    • 64 GB Falcon as Disk 0
    • 150 GB VelociRaptor (for things like My Documents, downloaded setup files, all Temp files, including IE's and Firefox's temporary internet files, miscellaneous storage)
    Last edited by TwoCables; 09-24-2009, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Mine is near the same setup.

EVGA 680i SLI (122-CK-NF68)
      Windows 7 x64, build 7100
      128 GB Falcon as Disk 0
      2x150 GB VelociRaptor Raid 0(for things like My Documents, downloaded setup files, all Temp files, including IE's and Firefox's temporary internet files, miscellaneous storage)

And yes, I moved all of those to my Raid array and did all of the appropriate tweaks.

I've had mine for a while and it is slowly deteriorating. I am done with the lack of support, this product is not working as advertised.

Comment

Yeah wiper currently not works also under my system.

Windows 7 x64 Bit Edition
        icore860
        ASUS P7P55 Deluxe
        G.Skill Ripsaw DDR3 2000 Memory.

G.Skill Falcon 128

AHCI On+latest Intel Matrix Storage Driver v8.9.2.1002
        http://www.station-drivers.com/telec...ivers.com).exe

So we have to wait for a new Firmware and new Intelmatrixdrivers which allow the trimm command. Or you usw the Standard Microsoft AHCI Driver which is a bit more compatible

Comment

Originally posted by chipeast View Post
          Mine is near the same setup.

EVGA 680i SLI (122-CK-NF68)
          Windows 7 x64, build 7100
          128 GB Falcon as Disk 0
          2x150 GB VelociRaptor Raid 0(for things like My Documents, downloaded setup files, all Temp files, including IE's and Firefox's temporary internet files, miscellaneous storage)

And yes, I moved all of those to my Raid array and did all of the appropriate tweaks.

I've had mine for a while and it is slowly deteriorating. I am done with the lack of support, this product is not working as advertised.
          Oh no. I am hoping that I'm not looking at the future of my drive. I have some general questions:

How long ago did you get it?

How full is it?

Do you avoid defragging it?

Here is quite a specific question: what are your BIOS settings regarding the following?

Integrated Peripherals menu > IDE HDD Block Mode

Integrated Peripherals menu > IDE Function Setup > OnChip IDE Channel0

Integrated Peripherals menu > IDE Function Setup > IDE DMA transfer access

Integrated Peripherals menu > IDE Function Setup > IDE Prefect Mode

I don't know what these settings should be, however, I have all of these disabled because I figured that I should since all of my devices are SATA. But I'm now wondering if one or more of these should be enabled in order to make Wiper.exe work. However, OnChip IDE Channel0 should not be enabled since that's only for PATA devices.

Comment

What is the wiper.exe error? I need to know how it is not functioning to get an idea of how to troubleshoot the issue.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Enable Wiper/Trim for NVIDIA Nforce Boards: Go to \My Computer\\Properties\\Device Manager\\IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers\\NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller\ go ahead and Update Driver Software. Then click on ?Browse My Computer for Driver Software?, Choose ?Let Me Pick from a List of Device Drivers on My Computer? and pick 'Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller' and hit ok.

Try that it's from my tweaks thread, used it on an eVGA 750i FTW board and it works. Long as your SSD or SSD's are not in a RAID-O configuration, you?re good to go.
              CPU I7-980X @ 3.81Ghz
              MB ASUS P6X58D-E
              GPU GTX480 @ 770Mhz
              RAM 12Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme Division-2 DDR3 @ 1908Mhz
              PSU Corsair AX 850W
              SSD: Intel X25M 80Gb
              HD 2x WD VelociRaptors 150Gb in Raid-0

Sager NP8662
              CPU: Intel Q9100 @ 2.38 GHz
              GPU: GTX 260M @ 612Mhz
              RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1066Mhz 4Gb
              SSD: Intel X25M 120Gb

Comment

I have updated the drivers to non nvidia, and my SSD drive is disk 0

If I use the wiper dated 4/1/09 which your forums links to, I get the error "No drive installed proper firmware found"

If I run the wiper from your competitor dated 5/25/09 I get:

Wiper can't be run on drive A:\.

Wiper can't be run on drive C:\.

Wiper can't be run on drive D:\.

Wiper can't be run on drive E:\.

Wiper can't be run on all the drives in this system.

I get the same results on an intel chipset with it being the only drive as disk 0.

Comment

Working...
                X