Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad perfomance with my Falcon 64gb

Hello,

i have a very bad perfomance with my 64gb Falcon on my MSI DKA790gx Platinum. Im using Win7 64bit and a Phenom II X4 940 with 4gb DDR2 800.

I tried the SSD on an Asus P5Q too, and there was the perfomance good. Im using wiper often and tried it on windows vista too, with the same bad perfomance.

i hope u can help me. especially the 4k perfomance is very bad, the write-perfomance is ok.

my system

greetings and sorry for my bad english^^
    Last edited by Schinzie; 08-23-2009, 04:15 AM.

Did you perform all of the necessary tweaks? And are you going by how the performance feels, or are you going by benchmarks?

Comment

the perfomance feel fine, a much better than a normal HDD. But i dont understand why the benchmarks are soo bad, especially i paid for more speed.

no, i didnt perform all necessary tweaks, but they dont improve the perfomance so much, maybe 2-3 mb/s...

greetings
      Last edited by Schinzie; 08-13-2009, 12:40 PM.

Comment

post ur benchmarks.

and are you using your AMD/MSI or Asus P5Q setup?

Comment

the first screen is of my system. Its a MSI DKA790GX platinum, thats a AMD 790gx mainboard.

The second screen in the first post is the Asus.

greetings
          Last edited by Schinzie; 08-13-2009, 01:59 PM.

Comment

I don't see any screenshots on my end. Can you post their URLs?

Which benchmarking software are you using? I ask, because the best benchmarking software for this is ATTO Disk Benchmark 2.34. Just leave it at the default settings and run the benchmark. It should take a few minutes.

Be sure to pay attention to the scale of the graph at the bottom. It's measured in MB/Sec. As the test continues, the size of the scale increases. So with each increase, the first several red bars will shrink in size to maintain their aspect ratio to the scale of the graph.

When the test is complete, you should end up with something similar to this:

You probably won't have the same results as this one, but compare that to a slower hard drive, and notice how the results LOOK better, but the scale in MB/Sec shows quite a different story:

So yeah, use this, and it should give you a more accurate representation of what the numbers are.

But keep in mind, the specifications are "Up to xxx MB/sec", or "xxx MB/sec Max". So, it's not a guarantee that you will definitely get 230/135.
            Last edited by TwoCables; 08-13-2009, 03:45 PM.

Comment

here are one screen,when i dont use the SSD as systemdrive. Better but not great. with the SSD as systemdrive i have only about 170-190mb/s sequential.

http://www.computerbase.de/forum/att...0&d=1249842668
              greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Schinzie View Post
                here are one screen,when i dont use the SSD as systemdrive. Better but not great. with the SSD as systemdrive i have only about 170-190mb/s sequential.

http://www.computerbase.de/forum/att...0&d=1249842668
                greetings
                Well, it's like I said: it says that the potential is 230/135. So, it's not saying that you WILL get that. It's saying that you could.

How many GB of free space is on it? For how long have you had this drive?

According to the benchmarks, it looks like the drive is probably more than half full, and it looks like you may have had it a little while.
                Last edited by TwoCables; 08-14-2009, 09:37 PM.

Comment

This are my tests:

It's a Falcon 128. As you can see i can get about 230Mb reading but far away from the 190Mb/s writing. The wiper help's me a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by gonx_me View Post
                    It's a Falcon 128. As you can see i can get about 230Mb reading but far away from the 190Mb/s writing. The wiper help's me a lot.
                    I see that the drive letter is D:\. So, what is the benchmark while running Windows on the drive?

Oh, and which version of Windows are you using?

Comment

I have 2 partitions on the falcon 128. C: the system and the D: that have some games.
                      The resulst are more or less the same (under 5% diference)

I'm runnig on Vista x64 SP2 with the tweaks that this forum says.

Comment

i have about 40gb free on the ssd and my problem is the bad readingperfomance with 4k files. i have onlz about 14 mb/s, and i should have about 25mb/s.

at the moment i cant replying on your request fastly, because im on vacation.

greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Schinzie View Post
                          i have about 40gb free on the ssd and my problem is the bad readingperfomance with 4k files. i have onlz about 14 mb/s, and i should have about 25mb/s.

at the moment i cant replying on your request fastly, because im on vacation.

greetings
                          Well, your ATTO Benchmark says differently. I see about 40/28, and then in the other one: about 78/50.

Comment

atto shows allways more. compare it with ohter benchmarks from falcon drives. in crystal disk mark and in the as ssd bench i have bad marks too.

and the second result is on a Asus P5Q, not on my 790gx mainboard. I tested it by a friend and there i got good results.

greetings
                            Last edited by Schinzie; 08-19-2009, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Well, it's kinda like CPUs: if you had 100 identical CPUs, then you would find that they're not all equal. Some overclock much better than others. Some run warmer than the rest. Some really suck at overclocking. One or two might not overclock at all.

So, perhaps your particular SSD just isn't one of the faster ones that got produced. I mean, after all: they say that the maximum speed is 230/135. It's not saying that every single drive will definitely get those speeds, but they're saying that you might see it, but you might not. I never see 230/135, but yet the real-world performance is what I care about, and it's really good. My system reboot time has been reduced, loading times for every program is just as fast as it is when it loads straight from memory, and game load times are faster than I thought they would be. So even though I didn't get the speed that I paid for (technically speaking), I still got the blazing speed. And that's what is important.

Your ATTO benchmark is very similar to mine, so if you were to ask me, then I'd say that your Falcon is normal.

Comment

Working...
                              X