Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Phoenix Pro FM-25S2S-60GBP2 Firmware in the works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yourbrokenoven
    replied
    Are newer Phoenix drives "fixed"?

Attention admin: This question has been asked several times and not answered. I also want to know. When you RMA the SSD, are all the NEW SSDs fixed/working?

You keep suggesting people RMA and get a new drive. Are all of these incompatability and drive failure issues fixed with brand new drives? I RMA'd my drive already and just installed it, but you do not have a firmware update tool that acutally works (incompatible with numerous motherboard chipsets).

Frankly, you have to ask, if YOU were the customer, would YOU be happy with this level of support?

I'm considering throwing my Phoenix in the trash and just getting my daughter... well, any other brand.

Leave a comment:

• G.SKILL
    replied
    Hi,

You could check our web-RMA: http://www.gskill.com/en/rma
    Or contact our RMA department: rma@gskill.com

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Babarix
    replied
    Is there a update yet or should we still just contact RMA?

Leave a comment:

• ampogo
    replied
    My next SSD will be a Samsung as well, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Bitfather
    replied
    the 4.2 firmware wasn't stable with Z87
    LOL, really?! Just forget it... i will go with Samsung SSDs from now and throw the G.Skills away.

Leave a comment:

• G.SKILL
    replied
    As the Tech support team report, the 4.2 firmware wasn't stable with Z87(MSI ASUS GIGABYTE)
    as well, please consider with Z77 or others.

Leave a comment:

• ampogo
    replied
    And the test results were..........

Leave a comment:

• G.SKILL
    replied
    Dear Bitfather,

Sorry that couldn't make you feel satisfied, and sorry for we couldn't test it for you IMMEDIATELY,
    already inform the Tech department to TEST IT but still waiting for the reply, and will let you know the TESTING results asap.

Leave a comment:

• Bitfather
    replied
    Omfg...i even wrote it in BOLD LETTERS.... WITHOUT!!! the update!?!?

Again:

Do i have to worry about malfunctioning FM-25S2S-40GBP2 with FW 2.1 on Z87???

If you don´t know, please test it, just "thinking" is not an option!!! THX in advance!

Regarding the reply from Sandforce, ask again, i think they have forgotten you!

BTW: Because of problems with every single peace of Hardware i bought from G.SKILL (Ripjaws malfunction, now SSD incompatibility) and your lack answer i think i´m not going to buy anything from G.Skill again.
    Last edited by Bitfather; 09-03-2013, 07:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• G.SKILL
    replied
    Hi,

I don't think update to 4.2 can solve the Z87 chipset issue, and there's no reply from Sandforce.
    Sorry for the inconvenient.

Leave a comment:

• Bitfather
    replied
    Hi,
    is there any news here?

I´m asking because i run 2 Phoenix Pro´s in Raid0 (FM-25S2S-40GBP2, GS...serialnumber) right now and i´m about to change my system to Z87 and i7-4770k in a few days. (I know it might be a little bottleneck with the 3Gb/s SATA specs but i don´t want to buy new drives this month...)

The SSD´s have Firmware 2.1 on it right now and i´m glad i read this before i updated them to 4.2 with the system-change to Z87!!!

Do i have to worry about running same configuration (Raid0) at the Z87 Chipset WITHOUT updating the Firmware, but leave it on 2.1 or is it the same issue then??

Thanks in advance!!

Leave a comment:

• ampogo
    replied
    ^ but you mentioned that drwehiggs could RMA the drive. Why would they do this when another drive of the same type will have the exact same issue?

Leave a comment:

• G.SKILL
    replied
    Sandforce didn't release any update yet, please note!

Leave a comment:

• rfs12307
    replied
    I have 2 of these SSDs, one used as boot OS drive, and the other with a backup image of the original for an easy swapout in the event of OS corruption or hardware error with the first. Wish I could use them with my new build. Are you saying that we can RMA for a Haswell-compatible replacement?

Leave a comment:

• ampogo
    replied
    ^ Are you saying that since this is a known issue, we can RMA the drive for a comparable newer version that will be compatible with Haswell?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X