Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR5 Trident Z5 6000MHz CL30 Temperatures

Hi All,

I have 2x32GBs of F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5RK installed in my PC (XMP enabled) and I have noticed that they can get quite hot:

Stress tests:

TestMem 5 / OCCT RAM test: 64c after 15 minutes.
    Gaming: 48c-50c during gaming.

The above is based on HWInfo SPD Hub Temperature, which apparently is not even the hot spot. I have a Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL case with 3x140mm bottom, 3x140mm side, 3x120mm top and 120mm rear fans so airflow is more than adequate.

Are these temps OK? TM5 and OTCC did not start throwing errors even after hitting 60c but then again I only ran those for about 15 minutes. Would be good to understand if it's just me experiencing such high temperatures with this kit or others have a similar experience.

Turning RGB off dooes not significantly improve temps.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

In general dual rank modules tend to run hotter than single rank variants, but if the system is stable even under heavy synthetic load (TM5, OCCT, Karhu etc), it should be fine.

For me disabling the LEDs actually does reduce the DIMM temperatures a fair bit, but the effect probably depends upon your lighting profile (brightness/color).
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thank you, emissary42! My only misgiving is that higher temperatures will degrade the chips and significantly reduce the longevity of the kit and I won't be able to sell it after 3 years.

Comment

These values are well within the normal and perfectly safe range for most DRAM components. Like you noticed, under normal use and even while gaming, the temperatures are considerably lower. So you don't need to worry about that.

If worst comes to worst, however unlikely that might be, there still is the lifetime warranty to back you up.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
        X