DDR5 issues with EXPO on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR5 issues with EXPO on

I'm using G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB (EXPO) 32GB (F5-5600J2834F16GX2-TZ5NR) with MSI MAG Tomahawk B650 WIFI and Ryzen 7600X.

I tested my RAM using MemTest86 and got lots of errors with EXPO on, but none at JEDEC speeds. Back then my BIOS was on AGESA 1.0.0.7a. I recently updated to the one with AGESA 1.0.0.7c, but still getting a lot of errors with EXPO on. I tried manually decreasing the frequency from the EXPO's 5600 to 5200, but that didn't help either.

I had memory management BSODs whilst trying to install Windows, and turning EXPO off helped. After that, I have only had one BSOD, which didn't say memory management, but something like system exception if I remember correctly. That's why I decided to test the RAM and see if it was related. Currently running at the default JEDEC speeds and have had no BSODs.

I'm not quite sure what's going on. Could this be bad RAM, or issues with the motherboard, BIOS, or something else?

This RAM is not on the official compatibility list for the motherboard, but the motherboard is in the compatibility list for the RAM.

Any advice?

Thanks

Test one module at a time to see if one performs differently than others. If one does, send them in for replacement and another kit should work better.

https://www.gskill.com/rma-policy

Comment

Working...
    X