Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F5-5600J3636C16GX2-FX5 Rams causing problem with MSI B650 Carbon Wi Fi BIOS update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F5-5600J3636C16GX2-FX5 Rams causing problem with MSI B650 Carbon Wi Fi BIOS update

MSI B650 Carbon Wi Fi Motherboard is compatible with G.Skill Rams and AMD Expo so I bought them after checking they are fully compatible, problem is with any later BIOS updates other than 1.10 like current 1.50 DRAM light stays yellow and Windows 11 doesn't load after BIOS, in BIOS Ram speed set to Auto 4800 Mhz without AMD EXPO so I tried to downclock the rams speed to 2400Mhz in new BIOS 1.50 and this time Windows 11 loaded after BIOS but now I can not use rams full potential and as they are downclocked system performance is lower as well. Why could this be a problem with new BIOSes on MSI B650 Carbon Wi Fi and how can I use the Rams with AMD EXPO without any problems in Windows 11, thank you for your help in advance

I am using G.Skill F5-5600J3636C16GX2-FX5 2 x 16 32GB DDR5 Rams
    MSI B650 Carbon Wi Fi Motherboard
    Thermal Take Gold+ 750W PSU
    AMD Ryzen 7 7700x CPU
    Nvidia MSI RTX 4060Ti GPU
    Artic Cooler Liquid Freezer II CPU Water Cooler

Since it is an issue specifically with newer BIOS versions, then MSI seems to have (accidentally/purposely) dropped the compatibility due to DRAM training optimizations in favor of other IC types. For now I'd stick to a working version and would notify them about the issue, in case it happened unknowingly. Depending upon their response, it could open up a path for future updates that restore the compatibility.

Other than that, you could write down / screen cap the working DRAM settings from 1.10 and try them manually with newer versions. Just make sure to not only get the timings and voltages, but also the resistances (at least those shown in ZenTimings), since they are more likely to be the actual culprit.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
    X