Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tips on removing Trident Heatspreader ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips on removing Trident Heatspreader ?

Hi,

I am watercooling my TridentZ5 ram. Anyone have tips on removing the heatspreader ? Just heat it up some with heatgun and pry apart ? anything to keep in mind ? Is there any danger of ripping a component off or will the adhesive give way before that ?

thanks

There definitely is danger to damage/kill the modules, especially if someone does not really know what they are doing. That is one of the reasons why officials recommend against it, apart from voiding warranty and stuff. You can probably find a tutorial on YouTube of how other people go about it. Similar to delidding CPUs, there are many different approaches, some less risky than others.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      There definitely is danger to damage/kill the modules, especially if someone does not really know what they are doing. That is one of the reasons why officials recommend against it, apart from voiding warranty and stuff. You can probably find a tutorial on YouTube of how other people go about it. Similar to delidding CPUs, there are many different approaches, some less risky than others.
      thanks, I jut finished removing them. just need a little heat and patience.

Comment

Working...
      X