GPU heating up ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU heating up ram

Hi there, I have been using a Antec NX410 case, 2x front fan intake, 1x rear fan exhaust and 1x noctua NF-F12 PWM @60% speed on the rear top.
    ram is F5-6000J3238G32GX2-TZ5RK 32gb x2, but due to gaming temp rising the SPD hub of the inner module to 64C stable with 22C ambient, I am worrying it will be too hot (Gskill seems suggest 40-60C operation without active cooling, which I can't find any) and now running it at 5600 @1.25v, SPD timming was kept, now I found that during AIDA memory stress test or prime95 the ram SPD hub temp was stable at 51C and 47C respectively, while during gaming (MSFS, COD) it slowly builds up and with 22C ambient the stable SPD hub temp of the hotter module are around 58C, it seems that the Gigabyte 3070Ti Vision OC have dump so much heat out it is literally cooking the ram, any suggestion on what can I do? or if sustained stable ram SPD hub temp of ~65C still fine for long term use?

Is that average or maximum temp? The modules can handle higher without a problem, however, lower is always better.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Is that average or maximum temp? The modules can handle higher without a problem, however, lower is always better.
      That is average, last night ambient ~18 degrees, I played MSFS and during the gaming, the temp slowly creep up to 53.5C SPD hub and stayed there at 53-53.5 SPD hub while the outer module stays 5C lower. yea I know lower is always better but since my most sustained load being gaming don't need to push the ram to extreme, I think I don't need the extra overclock headroom, just wonders if it will kill the ram prematurely.

so if I didn't mistaken your message, in your knowledge staying long term at hub readout of 65C is actually fine for the ram life but lower will always be better for say OC potential?

Comment

Unless you run into stability issues the temperatures are fine and yes, lower temperatures are better (not only for overclocking, but also for long time durability).
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
          Unless you run into stability issues the temperatures are fine and yes, lower temperatures are better (not only for overclocking, but also for long time durability).
          I don't have stability issue ATM though, now allowing high intake RPM from case fans and cleared up airpath completely the XMP 1.40v DDR6000 now runs stably during 3 hours flight simulation with room temp @ 24C the hottest module stables out at ~54.5C, it seems fine and down clocking to JEDEC spec only kept it 5C lower so I expect that is cool enough for long term durability (hopefully won't need yet another RMA in 3 years).

Comment

Working...
          X