X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ddr5 kit won't do 6000

Hi

So I have a asus rog x670e Hero with a 7950x
    I bought GSkill DDR5 2x16gb 6000mhz C36 ram to go with it.

When choosing the D.O.C.P profile the system is not stable at 6000, I have had to manually change the frequency to 5600 mhz

I have then read loads of people with same problems something to do with Samsung die, and other hynix ram works fine.........?

Just want my ram to do what it says on the box

I'm also using an Asus ROG X670E Crosshair Hero with a Trident Z5 2x16GB 6000MHz 36-36-36-96 1.35V (XMP) kit and have the same issue of the system being unstable with DOCP (1 or 2) applied and am doing the same workaround of having to set it at 5600MHz.to retain system stability.

Comment

Do the bios update and it will fix

Comment

Unfortunately I'm already on BIOS Version 0705 and still have the same issue.

Comment

Try putting voltage to 1.4v that allowed me to do 6000mhz before I did the bios update
          Last edited by yuzi87; 10-14-2022, 01:26 PM.

Comment

I'd already tried raising it to 1.4V both with and without the BIOS update and was still experiening crashes and instability. I was convinced the issue would be rememdied via a future BIOS update, but if you were able to bypass the issue prior to that with a voltage tweak and the current BIOS update fixed the problem for you, then I'm a little bit more concerned about my RAM kit now. Thank you anyway.

Comment

Try one module at a time in A2 slot to see if both have same results. For two modules, did you populate slots A2 B2?

DDD5-5600 was perfectly stable? How about anything higher? It is possible the CPU internal memory controller is limited.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I was using slots A2 and B2. 5600 was perfectly stable; 5800 and 6000 would post and reach desktop, but programs would crash shortly after launching.

I'm unable to test with one module at a time as I opted to return the Samsung XMP kit in question (F5-6000J3636F16GA2-TZ5S) and replaced it with an SK Hynix EXPO kit (F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5N) which has been performing flawlessly at its EXPO II profile settings thus far.

Comment

That was your issue all along. Use only the EXPO kits for AMD processors. The XMP kits are designed for Intel processors only.

Comment

Working...
                  X