Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get CL34 SO-DIMM ram to run at CL34 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get CL34 SO-DIMM ram to run at CL34 ?

I've installed these G.Skill Ripjaws CL34 DIMMs (F5-4800S3434A16GX2-RS) - into my Asus ROG Strix SCAR 17 SE (2022) G733)

but they're not running any faster than the original DDR5's I removed:

Before:-
    Original RAM

After:-
    With new Ripjaws

... as you can see, it's about the same speed as the original RAM, and that is seriously bogging down my overall results:-(

I looked in my BIOS (including advanced) and also the "Armoury Crate" and MyAsus apps, and I can't find anything for changing memory, and no mention of XMP or the like.

What is the trick to getting this SO-DIMM ram to run at its rated speed on Laptops ?

Chris.
    Last edited by cnd; 08-26-2022, 11:21 PM. Reason: typo

Do you have the latest BIOS? Contact ASUS to see if the system can support it.

Comment

Yep - latest (v.310 published 2022/08/08) - no reply from Asus yet (I asked them before posting here) nor from G.Skill (I asked them too)

Comment

Does anyone know how to contact g.skill tech people? To get this to work, they are going to have to ask ASUS to support their SODIMM products in ASUS Laptop BIOS, because right-now, as far as I can tell, no laptops exist that can take advantage of these lower-latency modules.

Comment

The easiest way would be:

https://www.gskill.com/contact
          Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Yeah - tried that a few times, not getting any reaction (yet). Anyone know how to reach directly to a techie perhaps? They're selling SODIMMs that no laptops recognize the capabilities of, so someone in their company needs to start having conversations with laptop BIOS dev people to get XMP added in there, or at least have BIOS read and obey SPD data! That level of conversation is something that's never going to get past the interns running a customer-facing support system - we need to somehow bypass those gatekeepers and reach inside?

Comment

No luck from G.SKILL USA - they don't seem to think it's their responsibility to tell anyone when the expensive things they sell aren't going to work as advertised in any customer devices :-(

Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 12:24:02 -0700

Hi Chris

Thank you for contacting G.Skill. Unfortunately we do not test laptops so
              we are unable to provide the necessary feedback they need. Please reach out
              to ASUS support with your findings and they can further assist you.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

No luck from ASUS - their 1st level support blocked my request reaching any tech people:

Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 09:14:45 +0800

Customer Service Feedback

Hello Chris,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Support. My name is Yolanda and I will be assisting you with your query.

We appreciate you writing to us for further assistance.

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience that you have experienced with your ASUS notebook recently. I assure you that your complaint and feedback will give us the opportunity to remedy any problem that may exist and help to improve our service further.

Your feedback is important to us; we would like to ask a few questions about your experience. Please keep an eye out for the feedback email; you may be selected to receive an email asking for your feedback, and we promise it will only take around 60 seconds of your time. Your answers will help us make our service offering even better for you and other customers.

If you still seek additional support, please visit our Support Web Site at www.asus.com/au/support. There you can find FAQ's, specifications, manuals, driver updates, and more for your ASUS product.

If you have any questions, please contact ASUS Support on 1300 278 788 from Monday to Friday between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm AEST/ADST.

Thank you,
                Yolanda

Comment

Did you check what settings the system is running at? What are the specifications of the original memory? Based on only the pictures above, I see a 4% overall improvement and a higher score

Comment

DDR5-4800 CL34-34-34-X from CL40-40-40-X should be around 20% faster (I misplaced my spreadsheet that works it out exactly - but it's significant for sure)

Comment

Is the system using the correct profile? Or did it select another for the sake of compatibility?

Comment

Working...
                      X