Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying the CL34 SO-DIMM DDR5 Ripjaws, and, what's the diff between the model numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying the CL34 SO-DIMM DDR5 Ripjaws, and, what's the diff between the model numbers?

I'm specifically wanting to buy these G.Skill Ripjaws CL34 DIMMs - https://www.gskill.com/specification...-Specification
    ... but having a hard time finding anywhere that sells them. I need them within 10 days in Australia (in-person or mail), or after 10 days in South Korea (in person only)
    Does anyone know shops that sell these, or how to find them?

I am also curois about installing fast RAM in a laptop - how does heat remove take place? The photos look like heat-spreaders are attached - do all DDR5 laptops make room for those?

And finally - does anyone know the difference between the "A2" and "X2" variants of these modules?

F5-4800S3434A16GX2-RS

F5-4800S3434A16GA2-RS

Which one should I be ordering to fit into an Asus ROG Strix SCAR 17 SE (2022) G733? (Photos of the inside are here.)

There is no difference between them. That is explained in the memory FAQ.

https://www.gskill.com/faq/1502180912/DRAM-Memory

The *A* models are Amazon US specific SKUs (afaik), at least I can't find them listed anywhere else.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Interesting - and thanks. I was guessing it might have been something to do with heat spreaders - I would imagine the tolerances for laptop ram "thickness" is extremely important, and I'm still not sure if they're going to fit!

Could be a moot point - a pile more suppliers got back to me today - nobody can get these in stock for me (it's not in any of their supplier order lists).

Comment

Originally posted by cnd View Post
        I was guessing it might have been something to do with heat spreaders - I would imagine the tolerances for laptop ram "thickness" is extremely important, and I'm still not sure if they're going to fit!
        What you see in the photo is not a full blown aluminium heatsink but probably a metallic foil sticker. So the difference in z-height / "thickness" it adds to the module is so small, that it is totally negligible and should not have any practical implications. At least that is how it was with the DDR3 and DDR4 variants (which I have used and still own).
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
        X