Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal DDR5 style release date?

People are getting their ddr5 systems.

There is no point releasing the Royal DDR style at the end of the lifespan or even midway through because it will be obsolete and dumped to upgrade to the following generation almost immediately. No one will get it because they will look ahead to next generation. This is how ddr4 Royal was released. At the end or midway through, making it obsolete.

I do not accept, "we can't give out information generic answers" in relation to the Royal or other ram styles release plans. You either give it out and do a plan, or no one is interested and it's pointless.

The marketing team literally have no idea what they are talking about releasing the Royal style and reducing the potential buyers by 60-99% for no reason.

Can someone from marketing justify this behaviour? No one going into ddr5 is going to get it after they bought ddr5 premium ram to upgrade. They will do so only if it's released early. Early adopters that help invest in the tech also get punished by these marketers, and early adopters are purportedly supposed to be respected.

Last edited by Wrayths; 07-27-2022, 07:23 AM.

Update?

Comment

bump

Comment

bump

Comment

No one literally cares, yet marketing dedicates release to it?

Comment

bump for morons talking about technical irrelvancies in other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrayths View Post
              People are getting their ddr5 systems.

There is no point releasing the Royal DDR style at the end of the lifespan or even midway through because it will be obsolete and dumped to upgrade to the following generation almost immediately. No one will get it because they will look ahead to next generation. This is how ddr4 Royal was released. At the end or midway through, making it obsolete.

Can someone from marketing justify this behaviour? No one going into ddr5 is going to get it after they bought ddr5 premium ram to upgrade. They will do so only if it's released early. Early adopters that help invest in the tech also get punished by these marketers, and early adopters are purportedly supposed to be respected.
              This is literally my exact situation. I'm building a new pc and ended up deciding to go with an MSI MEG Z690 ACE motherboard...black and GOLD. I couldn't believe that DDR5 has been out for awhile and I couldn't find any gold/royal ram for it. I didn't want to build a NEW pc and stay with DDR4...

So since I couldn't find any royal, I went with Corsair Vengeance, reluctantly. They're all black...so not what I was wanting but they'll match...and there's no way I was going to wait, I need the ram NOW because NOW is when I'm building a new pc.

I registered on this forum just to post to this thread because I couldn't believe more people weren't asking about it!

Comment

Any new info on this I'm starting to build a new pc and I would love a nice gold ddr5 ram kit

Comment

Originally posted by PhenixKing View Post
                  Any new info on this I'm starting to build a new pc and I would love a nice gold ddr5 ram kit
                  Really other companies should copy this style. These asian based companies have no respect for anyone, so ther's opportunity to destroy the Royal lineby a competitor. You should spread this around.

Comment

Working...
                  X