No announcement yet.

EVGA Z690 Certified + G.Skill F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK- 2/ 4 ram banks/slots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVGA Z690 Certified + G.Skill F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK- 2/ 4 ram banks/slots

I installed a new system with a EVGA Z690 Certified and G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6000 32GB (2x16GB + 2x16GB ) ram.
    When I initialized the system first time, the MB identified without any problems and the system runs super for at least one week,
    I didn't made any changes in the bios or activated an overclocking modus.

After a system backup and system shootdown I wanted restart my system but it was fully blocked, not even a chance to go into the bios.

I tried several times, took out 2 ram modules and it booted as usual, I also checked the secound ram modules which are perfect too.
    It is total curious that the system made a change without any settings from me and won't anymore work with this 4 x 16 GB modules together.

I tried a lot of options in the bios without any chance, the EVGA customer support wrote me to set a lower rate instead of 6000 to 5600 Mhz or add the VDD/VDDQ voltage from 1,35 to 1,45- but no way at all.

Maybe there are other users with the same problem or an idea for me.....
    Last edited by peteruswiss; 07-22-2022, 11:51 AM.

Make sure any fast boot is disabled or if there is option for Dynamic Memory Boost it should be enabled.

Those are 32GB kits so they are designed to perform as 32GB.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Make sure any fast boot is disabled or if there is option for Dynamic Memory Boost it should be enabled.

Those are 32GB kits so they are designed to perform as 32GB.
      Thank you very much!
      Meantime I made a MemTest 86 and found some errors- as it looks one bank is dammaged and I get a new pair.
      But I take care on your information!
      Thx again !
      Peter

Comment

Working...
      X