Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any plans to release memory with EXPO profiles for AMD Zen 4 / AM5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any plans to release memory with EXPO profiles for AMD Zen 4 / AM5?

New AMD memory profile system called "EXPO" is planned to be supported by upcoming Zen 4 / AM5.

Do you plan to make such RAM or add these profiles to existing ones like your Trident Z line besides the Intel XMP ones?

So on AMD presentation about Zen 4 they showed G.Skill (I think Trident-Z?) kit as supporting EXPO. Are you going to make some new kits for that or existing ones will support it?

Comment

From the press release is sounds like all of these are new models.

https://www.gskill.com/community/150...ies-Processors

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2042.png Views:	2 Size:	57.5 KB ID:	168541 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2043.jpg Views:	3 Size:	211.3 KB ID:	168542
      On a second thought, it is uncertain if a single SKU could potentially support XMP as well as EXPO, since both standards probably take up the same "extra" space within the SPD (EEPROM).
      Last edited by emissary42; 08-30-2022, 08:23 PM.
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thanks! Good to see they plan a non RGB variant for it.

Comment

Toppc wrote something about the limitations of XMP and EXPO coexisting within the SPD. There would not be enough room to implement both in full, but in theory both could be added in a reduced form (less profiles, shared user space).

Click image for larger version  Name:	INTEL-XMP-vs-AMD-EXPO.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.4 KB ID:	168547

Currently that is something neither standard supports, but maybe that could become an option in the future.

Translated explanation of his post at bilibili:
          https://videocardz.com/newz/overcloc...cking-profiles

Source:
          https://t.bilibili.com/700254105182928903
          Last edited by emissary42; 08-31-2022, 08:52 AM.
          Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Correct, so memory kits will either be XMP or EXPO, however it is likely some motherboards / BIOS will eventually be able to support either.

Comment

I see that Trident Z5 Neo was launched, but not 64 GB kits. Are those coming later?
              Last edited by shmerl; 09-27-2022, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Yes indeed

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks, G.SKILL, for putting out great products.

Saw the press release (referenced in OP, re-linked, below) referencing Expo 64GB Flare X5 DDR5-5600 (2x32GB) at 28-34-34-89 and DDR5-6000 at 32-38-38-96.

https://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/general-discussion/what-s-new/168556-g-skill-announces-trident-z5-neo-flare-x5-series-ddr5-memory-for-amd-ryzen-7000

It says kits available via G.SKILL's worldwide distribution partners, in September, but I can't find part numbers or paths to purchase.

Can you provide guidance (when / where available, or how to purchase)?

Also, question for you. You write (emphasis added):

Correct, so memory kits will either be XMP or EXPO, however it is likely some motherboards / BIOS will eventually be able to support either.
                    Asus' X670E ProArt motherboard documentation lists support for G.SKILL F5-5600J2834F32GX2-TZ5RS at 5600, however, I see on the G.SKILL site that the RAM is listed as XMP (no mention of Expo):

https://www.gskill.com/product/165/3...34F32GA2-TZ5RS

Based on the quote above, does this mean that the part number is incorrect, and that this RAM lacks Expo support (or perhaps the documentation from Asus is in error / non-authoritative)? Or (edit) that the part will work, but the basic overclocking will be done via XMP rather than Expo profiles (I think this is the case)?

Sorry for my ignorance, and thanks for your time...
                    Last edited by null; 09-28-2022, 12:34 PM.

Comment

May be a few more weeks before vendors are able to get the higher capacity kits officially up for sale. Within the USA, you should see them on NewEgg.com

If ASUS states an XMP model is compatible, then it is likely they have provided XMP support for the motherboard model/BIOS. A memory kit will either have XMP or EXPO, so official support of one or the other, or both, will depend on motherboard model and manufacturer.

Comment

May be a few more weeks before vendors are able to get the higher capacity kits officially up for sale. Within the USA, you should see them on NewEgg.com
                        Many thanks. Do you know if part numbers have been issued for the Flare X5 6000 and 5600 64GB kits (to make sure I'm looking for the right parts)? If so, do you know where I could find these?

If ASUS states an XMP model is compatible, then it is likely they have provided XMP support for the motherboard model/BIOS.
                        Understood, and thank you (I tried to educate myself a little and understand that Asus is using DOCP / their own rule sets to resolve XMP profiles to the AMD platform; I'm curious how much more performant manufacturers like G.SKILL have found native EXPO profiling to be).

Anyhow, again, thank you very much for your time.

Comment

Model numbers not available yet

As long as the memory is configured properly it should be capable of outstanding results. For any profile, the motherboard must be able to recognize and set memory correctly, and hardware must be able to support full memory kit specifications.

Comment

Model numbers not available yet
                            Any news on the DDR5-6000 2x32GB EXPO kits yet? Are they going to be available this month or later?

Comment

Keep an eye out on the G.Skill Press page as any new information will be there first:

https://www.gskill.com/communities/1...39313/1/Press/

Comment

Working...
                              X