X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR5 6000 kit simply wont run at 6000 ? any ideas guys please

Hi all
    it really pains me to post this
    despite having usually a lot of pleasure with G-Skill memory for me, the G-Skill DDR5 is a huge dissapointment
    ive tried two different boards and two different CPU's it simply will not run at the advertised XMP profile for any amount of time, its simply unstable.
    I have a 12900k in a hero board and a 12900ks in an extreme board, both running 1403 bios, neither will run stable unless clocked down to 5600

This is two 16GB sticks of 6000mhz i can only run at 5600 and get a stable experience, ive tried everything i can think of in both an Asus Hero and an Asus extreme board with two different 12900 CPU's it is the memory that wont run in any XMP profile without crashing every 15 minutes, its slightly better in 5800 but still not solid until i clock it down to as low as 5600 - that guts me tbh because i spent extra money for supposedly better memory
    Id hasten to add i have a 1200w and a 100w PSU in both systems , so power or lack of it isnt the issue

I bought this because id had nothing but good experiences with G-Skill with DDR4, but in honesty i wont be buying it again now and that saddens me, i just want rid of it now in honesty

I dont see the logic in doing this to customers and im seeing a lot of issues with it posted, the great rep G-Skill had with memory is now in tatters, you will lsoe people like me as customers , i wont get caught again unless this is fixed and soon.

It is really annoying paying top dollar for hardware sold with a promise only to find it doesnt do what they say it will.

I feel very let down generally with 12th gen intel in honesty, the whole 12th gen experience has been crap tbh and this is a major thorn, i think more so because its cost us all so much more money as well, it kinda rubs salt into the wounds
    Last edited by Undertoker; 04-25-2022, 03:32 PM.

Did you already test the modules individually and with both XMP-1 and XMP-2?

If it is only an issue with one of the sticks, a RMA of the kit should solve that.

If it is both, you might have to play with voltages a bit. The ASUS ROG OC Guide has recommendations how to adjust them for DDR5-6000.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...clocking-Guide

Some people also had luck with the BIOS embedded OC profiles for Samsung @ DDR5-6000.

In general the very first platform of each new DDR gen almost always is a bumpy ride. Some might still remember X99 at launch and all the non functional memory ratios. Compared to that, ADL was not even that bad. From experience the 2nd platform will already be a big improvement with better signaling on PCB level, more robust DRAM training and bigger overall frequency headroom.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      In general the very first platform of each new DDR gen almost always is a bumpy ride. Some might still remember X99 at launch and all the non functional memory ratios. Compared to that, ADL was not even that bad. From experience the 2nd platform will already be a big improvement with better signaling on PCB level, more robust DRAM training and bigger overall frequency headroom.
      By "2nd platform" are you referring to Intel Raptor Lake/Z790?

Comment

As I posted on another thread here, switching on "Dynamic Memory Boost" in my bios helped the bios figure out how to run four 16 gig sticks of G.Skill 6000 Mhz DDR5 at their rated speed. Here's a copy of my post:

"I know this post is a bit dated at this point, but FWIW, I have two 32-Gig kits (4 sticks total) on a Gigabyte Aorus Master motherboard. The kit number is F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK. 6000 Mhz, CL36, 1.35v. I've tried all of the tricks listed here and elsewhere and was only able to get the RAM to run stable at 5800 Mhz when all 4 sticks were installed--until yesterday. Yesterday, I decided to try the new Intel Dynamic Memory Boost feature that's built-in to the UEFI BIOS. BTW, I'm on bios version F8e, which is the latest version as of today's date. I enabled XMP Profile 1, left ALL the voltage and timing settings on their defaults and activated Dynamic Memory Boost in the bios. It took about 10 minutes for the bios to train the ram for the new setup, and then PRESTO!! All 64 gigs now run rock solid stable at 6000 Mhz. And, with Dynamic Memory Boost turned on, the ram speed drops back to 5200 Mhz when it's not under load, thus keeping the temps down about 5-10 degrees C. The beauty is that I am now able to run all 4 sticks at full speed and have the sticks stay a bit cooler when I'm not gaming.

For those trying to set the voltages manually, it is worth noting that the VDD and VDDQ voltages vary quite a bit, but stay fairly regularly at 1.365 volts each. Using the sensors feature in HSiNFO64, I've noted that the max VDD is 1.365 and the max VDDQ is 1.380. It certainly appears that letting the bios set the voltages automatically is beneficial for stability, but your mileage may vary.

To summarize, turning on Dynamic Memory Boost and leaving everything else on "Auto" worked for me in getting 4 sticks of 64 gigs of G.Skill 6000 Mhz CL36 ram to run stable at its rated speed. Best of luck."
        Last edited by wdseith; 05-17-2022, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X