Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rog z690 hero with F5-6000j3636f16gx2-tz5rk not working Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rog z690 hero with F5-6000j3636f16gx2-tz5rk not working Help!

I bought from Newegg a combo that came the 32Gb ram with the ROG Maximus z690 Hero, i have a 12900K, and Gskill Trident Z5 RGB (Part #: F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK). I even got a 1300W power supply.

updated the Motherboard bios to latest 1304

At default BIOS settings it runs the ram at 4000 Mhz. Simply turning on XMP on the EZ Mode in BIOS makes the BIOS post to safe mode.

in extreme tweaker, used XMP and XMP and the same issue, PC won’t start

enabled xmp, then increased the memory controller voltage from 1.1v to 1.2v did not worked.

tried different memory frequency’s and nothing.

Memtest ran fine zero issues on default

Manually setting the speed to 6000 will cause it to post to safe mode again.

When set to the "default" 4000 Mhz, Prime95 can run for hours with zero issues.

I contacted Asus and they said this RAM isn't recommended for this board because it’s not registered as a compatible ram ....but in the G.Skill website the ram does show up as compatible with that motherboard, seems weird to me.

I even called customer support, and he guy said that I need to play with manual VDD and VDDQ frequencies to get it to work, he gave 0 step by step and no help at all….for real?

that called Zero no support whatsoever, what the hell is going on with G.skill support? I was really expecting more.

so I am now contacting everyone in this Forum and see if there is a way to get this ram to work at 6000 or I am ****ed?

I am not an expert in ram and how to do those changes in the bios, so a step by step guidance will be very appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Do you have the memory in A2 B2 slots?

Load BIOS defaults, enable XMP Profile, then manually reduce DRAM Frequency until the system can work properly. If nothing works at all, try one module at a time in A2.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Ok thx for the answer, I will try them and give you an update, when you say enable XMP profile, is XMP1 or XMP2?

anyway, gonna work on it

Comment

Load optimized defaults and then try XMP2 first. It uses the programmed timings of the memory. If that doesn't work, you can use XMP1 as a fallback, that lets the motherboard auto-tune these timings during DRAM training instead. The auto voltages between both options can differ as well, which sometimes helps, when you are unsure what voltage to adjust.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
        X