Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR5 Ram Not Being Read

Hello All,

I recently purchased 2 X 16 Trident Z5 6000 CL40 RAM.

F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RS

They have been running fine with XMP1 enabled until I noticed the other day that the RGB was not responsive on one, it was just stuck on default rainbow. I checked all my RGB controlling apps only to realize that the stick is no longer being read by Windows or in BIOS.

Z690 Formula
    BIOS 0811

I believe this to be defective, but figured I would check here before initiating a refund. I fairly new to PC builds and I've done basic trouble shooting. I tried a different DIMM slot for the suspected defective RAM and system would not post. System will post with RAM in current slot but only RGB lights up. System will also post with defective RAM removed. Will not post with only suspected defective RAM inserted in original slot.

Hoping that maybe I'm missing something to resolve the issue. TIA.

Update - Neither RAM stick is being detected now and QCODE is throwing 53 memory error. No idea at this point if it is motherboard or RAM. Have new RAM on the way, really hoping it's not the MOBO, just went through a replacement due to reversed capacitor on Z690 Hero. Not even sure replacing the memory will help determine MOBO or RAM as it seems it will work at least temporarily.

Comment

Working...
    X